Staying logged in

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
Kim OHara

Staying logged in

Post by Kim OHara »

Weeks and months ago I rarely had to log in. I would tick 'log me on automatically each visit' and would only have to log in again every week or two (and I never saw any pattern to the frequency, either).
The system's behaviour has recently changed for some reason, and I am having to log in almost every time I visit ... three times so far today, for instance.
It's a minor niggle but no niggle is better than a minor niggle if there is no need for a niggle at all. Any ideas?

:namaste:
Kim
Ben

Re: Staying logged in

Post by Ben »

Embrace the niggle, Kim!
I actually log in every time I visit.
I had problems with IE8 and staying logged in to DW but changed to Chrome and it doesn't boot me off.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

All well on the Chrome auto-login front here.

:ugeek:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

:shrug:
It's Safari that's sending me on safari to the login page, then?
:thinking:

Kim
Ben

Post by Ben »

I dunno Kim. If you haven't already played around with your settings in Safari then that might be the way to go. If you have then perhaps David might be able to advise you.
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..