YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

Being nobody (Classical) - Page 2 - Dhamma Wheel

Being nobody (Classical)

A forum for members who wish to develop a deeper understanding of the Pali Canon and associated Commentaries, which for discussion purposes are both treated as authoritative.

Moderator: Mahavihara moderator

mikenz66

Re: Being nobody

Postby mikenz66 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:24 am

Non-Classically-Oriented posts have been redirected to here:
viewtopic.php?t=12690&f=13

:anjali:
Mike

Mr Man

Re: Being nobody (Classical)

Postby Mr Man » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:20 am

In my opinion the OP is a mis-representation of "Thai Forest Tradition". Where does the ""being nobody, going nowhere" phrase come from? Possibly there has been some ad-hoc teaching along those lines and possibly it is somthing that we in the west, like to pick up on but I would say that it really isn't given as a "doctrinal" teaching and isn't at the centre of emphasis in the "Thai Forest Tradition". I would say that the basis for this discussion is not solid.
:anjali:
PS Moderators hopefully my comment is acceptable for this thread. I did read the guidelines but thought my point is relevant to the starting point of the discussion.

daverupa

Postby daverupa » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:07 pm

Coyote

Postby Coyote » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:03 pm

"If beings knew, as I know, the results of giving & sharing, they would not eat without having given, nor would the stain of miserliness overcome their minds. Even if it were their last bite, their last mouthful, they would not eat without having shared."
Iti 26

Viscid

Postby Viscid » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:39 pm

"What holds attention determines action." - William James

Return to “Classical Theravāda”