Monks in the woods - Die Mönche im Wald

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
mirco

Monks in the woods - Die Mönche im Wald

Post by mirco »

"For some weeks, the film author Frieder Käsmann accompanies the two theravadan monks of Muttodaya Forest Monastery in the german Frankenwald. He shows them in their daily chores, laundry, as well as in meditation, while shaving the head and while traditional celebrations of Buddhist festivals. The film author accompanies them at her charity walks through Frankish villages - and shows the open admission by the people in the Franconian Forest, without whose help and generosity they couldn't exist." Language: German.

--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjmPrJKBEt8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <--

Metta&Peace,
Mirco
SDC

Re: Monks in the woods - Die Mönche im Wald

Post by SDC »

Someone posted this in another thread recently. Very enjoyable documentary.
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
Sokehi

Re: Monks in the woods - Die Mönche im Wald

Post by Sokehi »

definetely one of the best documentaries in german language about the theravada or the thai forest tradition in particular... it explains a lot of the duties and customs of the venerables to the german speaking audience. Really a documentary as good as this is hard to find in the german.

wonderful.
Get the wanting out of waiting

What does womanhood matter at all, when the mind is concentrated well, when knowledge flows on steadily as one sees correctly into Dhamma. One to whom it might occur, ‘I am a woman’ or ‘I am a man’ or ‘I’m anything at all’ is fit for Mara to address. – SN 5.2

If they take what's yours, tell yourself that you're making it a gift.
Otherwise there will be no end to the animosity. - Ajahn Fuang Jotiko

https://www.youtube.com/user/Repeataarrr