Hi, I'm Leandro and I'm new!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
LeandroNuevaCruzada

Hi, I'm Leandro and I'm new!

Post by LeandroNuevaCruzada »

Buenas Noches!

My name is Leonardo Dela Merced - Nueva Espana. My friends call me Leandro due to my long name. I started as a seeker in Buddhism a few years ago. As years of slow but continuous inquiry, I started to have an attachment with Buddhism. I was in love with the simplicity, value and peacefulness it innately had. My Buddhist exploration and investigation were hidden and discreet from the people I love. Majority of my friends take pride with their religion which is common to the rest of my family. This brought pressure for me as a person who inquired at other religions. However, this has never been a big blockade for me to understand and learn Buddhism.

Secular Buddhism has been growing in me. However, I'm starting to explore other traditions such as Zen, Mahayana and Therevada to get a bigger perspective of Buddhism as a whole. I hope I will gain good friends that could guide and educate me along the process.

Gracias!

:thanks:
Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: Hi, I'm Leandro and I'm new!

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

You obviously have no problem with English. Do you rely on English language resources for most of your study, or have you found reliable sites in Spanish?

Some non-English language resources can be found in this thread.
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Hi Leandro,
Welcome aboard
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
cooran

Post by cooran »

Welcome Leandro! Look forward to reading your posts. :group:

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Ben

Post by Ben »

Welcome Leandro and Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Alobha

Post by Alobha »

Welcome Leandro! :smile:
Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

¡Bienvenidos Leandro! :heart:
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome Leandro!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Hola!

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha2:
LonesomeYogurt

Post by LonesomeYogurt »

Any time I see someone who speaks Spanish, I always want to greet them in their native language before I realize that my skills are so basic it would probably be insulting ;)

Welcome!
Gain and loss, status and disgrace,
censure and praise, pleasure and pain:
these conditions among human beings are inconstant,
impermanent, subject to change.

Knowing this, the wise person, mindful,
ponders these changing conditions.
Desirable things don’t charm the mind,
undesirable ones bring no resistance.

His welcoming and rebelling are scattered,
gone to their end,
do not exist.
- Lokavipatti Sutta

Stuff I write about things.
LeandroNuevaCruzada

Post by LeandroNuevaCruzada »

¡Buen día amigo!

I'm bilingual. I had the chance to study English in Secondary School along with Spanish as the first language. It's difficult to get Spanish Buddhist literature here. I rely mostly on Buddhist forums, youtube videos and some articles in English to learn more on Buddhism.

I started having an idea about Buddhism when I was a child. My uncle has this Chinese Buddhist book that he only puts on display. The next exposure is when I finished college. I had misconceptions about Buddhism before and an opinion forum made me realize that I was very wrong. I watched Ajahm Brahms youtube videos and it really helped me a lot. Then, Yuttadhammo's channel has been very helpful and educational too.

I also studied different religions too. I studied Islam, Judaism, Christianity (Roman Catholicism) too. However, Buddhism had the greatest impact for me. It did not just help me with my anxiety problem. It changed my outlook in life for the better.
LonesomeYogurt

Post by LonesomeYogurt »

LeandroNuevaCruzada wrote:¡Buen día amigo!

I'm bilingual. I had the chance to study English in Secondary School along with Spanish as the first language. It's difficult to get Spanish Buddhist literature here. I rely mostly on Buddhist forums, youtube videos and some articles in English to learn more on Buddhism.

I started having an idea about Buddhism when I was a child. My uncle has this Chinese Buddhist book that he only puts on display. The next exposure is when I finished college. I had misconceptions about Buddhism before and an opinion forum made me realize that I was very wrong. I watched Ajahm Brahms youtube videos and it really helped me a lot. Then, Yuttadhammo's channel has been very helpful and educational too.

I also studied different religions too. I studied Islam, Judaism, Christianity (Roman Catholicism) too. However, Buddhism had the greatest impact for me. It did not just help me with my anxiety problem. It changed my outlook in life for the better.
That's great! Are you from Central/South America or Spain?
Gain and loss, status and disgrace,
censure and praise, pleasure and pain:
these conditions among human beings are inconstant,
impermanent, subject to change.

Knowing this, the wise person, mindful,
ponders these changing conditions.
Desirable things don’t charm the mind,
undesirable ones bring no resistance.

His welcoming and rebelling are scattered,
gone to their end,
do not exist.
- Lokavipatti Sutta