What is this

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.
beetlebob

What is this

Postby beetlebob » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Does anyone know what this is and what it says
Pali.JPG
Pali.JPG (107.71 KiB) Viewed 1550 times

Cittasanto

Re: What is this

Postby Cittasanto » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:23 pm

there was a thread on tattoos not long ago and this looks similar, it looks thai to me although the tattoo I thought was thai turnes out to be Khmer.

that is about all I can guess it is related to.
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill

beetlebob

Postby beetlebob » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:10 pm

I should of added more info. I know the language is Pali or Pali Canon. I am wondering what it says in english or what it means. It was sent to me and all I have found out from others is what language it is. I will check tattoes and see if I can find anything Thanks :namaste:

Cittasanto

Postby Cittasanto » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:50 pm

beetlebob wrote:I should of added more info. I know the language is Pali or Pali Canon. I am wondering what it says in english or what it means. It was sent to me and all I have found out from others is what language it is. I will check tattoes and see if I can find anything Thanks :namaste:

I was talking about the origin of the motif & script.
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill

Kare

Postby Kare » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:43 pm

beetlebob wrote:I should of added more info. I know the language is Pali or Pali Canon. I am wondering what it says in english or what it means. It was sent to me and all I have found out from others is what language it is. I will check tattoes and see if I can find anything Thanks :namaste:

The script is Thai. The language is also Thai. It is definitely not Pali. I think I can read the Thai word for "money" in the text, but I will leave translating it to someone who knows Thai better than I do.
Mettāya,
Kåre

Return to “Lounge”