Confession Of A Monk

Post sayings and stories you find interesting or useful.
yawares

Confession Of A Monk

Post by yawares »

Dear Members,

This is a true story of a Thai monk; it happened long time ago.
Once there were 2 best friends, Santi and Nikom, who did business together and became very rich. Santi had two daughters Kannika and Vimala, Nikom had one son Jessada who pursued a business study in the USA.

As the two friends got richer, Santi became greedy and wanted to get rid of Nikom so he could have the entire business to himself. One day Santi and Nikom went to do a business deal in Singapore but they did not come back together. Santi said that Nikom had been killed by a thief who robbed him. It was a big news in Singapore too, but nobody suspected any foul play except Jessada.

Jessada believed that Santi had plotted to kill his dad. He remembered the day his father called and said he suspected that his best friend had planned to kill him and take away the business. Being so convinced, Jessada planned for a revenge.

Being a handsome man with a business degree from the USA, he easily got a good job with a big company. He also succeeded in making Santi's daughter, Kannika, to marry him. While his wife was pregnant, Jessada seduced her sister, Vimala, to be his lover and, she also got pregnant! When Kannika found out she was so furious to the point that she stabbed her pregnant sister many times that overkilled her. This tragedy depressed Santi so much that he had a massive heart-attack and died.

Jessada repented that his revenge caused more damages than he had anticipated. He left Bangkok to be ordained as a monk at a temple far away from the capital city.

This story is his confession he told his monk(teacher) and a newspaper reporter.

yawares
gavesako

Re: Confession Of A Monk

Post by gavesako »

And one would have thought that such events only happen in the fables and stories of the old days...

:o
Bhikkhu Gavesako
Kiṃkusalagavesī anuttaraṃ santivarapadaṃ pariyesamāno... (MN 26)

Access to Insight - Theravada texts
Ancient Buddhist Texts - Translations and history of Pali texts
Dhammatalks.org - Sutta translations
yawares

Post by yawares »

gavesako wrote:And one would have thought that such events only happen in the fables and stories of the old days...

:o
Dear Bhikkhu Gavesako,

Angry people could do things that beyond our imagination regardless of their nationality, sex, individual factors.

Mickey mouse thanks for your comment.
yawares
gavesako

Post by gavesako »

Just today I read this quote:

"When the mind gets enraged with anger, there is no difference between a highly educated person and someone with just basic primary schooling: they become stupid just the same." - Ajahn Chah

:tantrum:
Bhikkhu Gavesako
Kiṃkusalagavesī anuttaraṃ santivarapadaṃ pariyesamāno... (MN 26)

Access to Insight - Theravada texts
Ancient Buddhist Texts - Translations and history of Pali texts
Dhammatalks.org - Sutta translations
yawares

Post by yawares »

gavesako wrote:Just today I read this quote:

"When the mind gets enraged with anger, there is no difference between a highly educated person and someone with just basic primary schooling: they become stupid just the same." - Ajahn Chah

:tantrum:
Dear Bhikkhu Gavesako,

I like Ajahn Chah's quote...so true...so true!

yawares no tantrum :candle:
Quiet Heart

Post by Quiet Heart »

:smile:
When the mind gets enraged with anger, there is no difference between a highly educated person and someone with just basic primary schooling: they become stupid just the same." - Ajahn Chah
Wonderful qoute.
:bow:
And, with a bow of respect to Ajahn Chah, may I make a small comment?
Anger, and the desire for revenge, is like a deadly poison.
Those who try to use it on others often find they are also taking the same poison themselves.
Thus they often end up being poisoned too....that's the nature of "poison".
So with that thought in mind, may I amend the qoute above to read:

When the mind becomes enraged with anger, there is no difference between a the heedless man and someone who seeks to follow the path of understanding; because their anger makes them respond exactly the same way."

That may not be the best way to say it, but I hope you see what I mean.
:smile:
In Quietness is the beginning of all things.

When I was younger I used to think I knew all the answers. Now I would be happy to feel I could ask just one intelligent question.
yawares

Post by yawares »

[quote="Quiet Heart"]:smile:
Dear Quiet Haert,

Yes I see what you mean.....very nice verse indeed.

Thank you very much,
yawares