Young Buddhist Seeking Teacher and Friends.

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
gabrielles

Young Buddhist Seeking Teacher and Friends.

Post by gabrielles »

Hello (:
How is everyone. I'm a 20 year old living in Chesapeake Virginia. I will be 21 this august.

I've been forced to live a not-so-desirable lifestyle of homelessness since 2010, due to my parents abandonment. I was adopted as a child. Long story short, they do not associate with me anymore.

Since then I have picked up buddhism and it has greated enhanced my life. I've learned how to deal with suffering. I want nothing more but to keep growing spiritually.

I'm here to give advice,make wise friends , and to practice the dharma. I am seeking a guru/lama/teacher. I really want to be monk and live a spiritual life. (:If you wanna know anything just ask. I can be reached via email or any other network, so please do not hesitate to get in touch with me!

I want to share experiences.

:namaste:
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Young Buddhist Seeking Teacher and Friends.

Post by DNS »

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha1:
manas

Post by manas »

Hi gabrielles

a warm welcome to Dhamma Wheel. :hello:

It's sad to hear of your troubles. Life can be very turbulent (ime also). May the Buddha-Dhamma continue to guide you to greater peace and happiness.

Hope you find this forum of assistance in your journey

manas
-_-
_/I\_
To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome Gabrielles!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Alobha

Post by Alobha »

Welcome Gabrielles!
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Welcome Aboard!
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
James the Giant

Post by James the Giant »

Welcome! I want/intend to be a monk too. Exciting! The way out!
Then,
saturated with joy,
you will put an end to suffering and stress.
SN 9.11
gabrielles

Post by gabrielles »

James the Giant wrote:Welcome! I want/intend to be a monk too. Exciting! The way out!
I agree :) I want to escape the lies of the reality people have created for themselves in america.