Well hello there

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
living2expand

Well hello there

Post by living2expand »

Hello to you all! I'm very excited about stumbling upon this forum. I have been attempting to practice the beautiful belief system of buddhism for just about a year now, but I have had a sort of rocky beginning. Most of my friends are of christian faith, athiests, or don't really have a care for the matter at all, and my family contains a large number of rather strict catholics, so to say the least I don't really have anyone who understands what I am trying to accomplish through the practice of buddhism. There are so many aspects of this faith that I myself have yet to comprehend, and I cannot wait until I can reap the full benefits of this way of life.
All my life I have battled with self mutilating depression and nothing seemed to suppress my hazy way of living. I never felt as though I was alive until I began yoga and meditation, which led to my start of discovering buddhism. I knew that there had to be something out there that made me feel more at ease. Ever since absorbing a few of the basic buddhist beliefs I have felt weight just lifted from my shoulders and I cannot wait to see what unfolds throughout my journey.
:namaste:
cooran

Re: Well hello there

Post by cooran »

Welcome living2expand,

I hope you find DhammaWheel a supportive and fruitful place to be. :group:

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Welcome living2expand

:hello:

Mike
:anjali:
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Welcome here, and I hope you find your time here of value.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha1:
Ben

Post by Ben »

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel, L2E!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome L2E!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Welcome to DW! May you find true happiness in this lifetime!
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com
waimengwan

Post by waimengwan »

Welcome :)