Use ketchup to make tomato juice

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
starter

Use ketchup to make tomato juice

Post by starter »

Hi friends, just to share with you my new recipe for home-made tomato juice. I was a bit hungry in my office in the evening and happened to find a package of ketchup. So a new adventure: add some water to ketchup and mix well -- it tastes exactly like the tomato juice on the market!

Starter
:stirthepot:
Ben

Re: Use ketchup to make tomato juice

Post by Ben »

Hi Starter,

I wouldn't recommend it unless one was starving!
There are better tasting and much healthier options whether you wanted a pre-made tomato juice or wanted to make your own from scratch.
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
starter

Post by starter »

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your kind advice. I read that the major disadvantages of ketchup are sugar and salt (and probably some preservatives), which might not be a problem for a slim person with relatively low blood pressure if consuming at a moderate amount. I'd like to share with you and other friends some advantages of ketchup:

http://blog.foodnetwork.com/healthyeats ... t-healthy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.positivehealth.com/article/h ... lthy-heart" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By the way, I was wondering if the meals in the forest monasteries provide enough salt (especially those having only one meal per day) and probably too much sweets (e.g. deserts, chocolates, ...). If our website (and probably also the monasteries) provides more information on healthy diet, the food offered to the monastics might become more healthy ...

Metta to all,

Starter
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

It might be more nutritious prepared thusly:

1. Fill mug with water.
2. Carefully open ketchup packet.
3. Hurl ketchup packet with great force in any direction.
4. Drink.

Note: Step 2 is optional.
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

starter wrote:... By the way, I was wondering if the meals in the forest monasteries provide enough salt ...
Hi, strter,
'Enough' salt is far, far less than most westerners use in their cooking, let alone the excesses of junk food. In fact, if we ate only natural, local foods and didn't leach out their own salt by boiling them to death, we would get enough salt. After all, that's how we ate before industrialisation.
For more on salt, try http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... -diet.html and http://www.cdc.gov/Features/VitalSigns/Sodium/.

:namaste:
Kim
Mr Man

Post by Mr Man »

Have you tried it with hot water?
rama33

Post by rama33 »

wooow.. interesting!! sould give it a try :)

thanks
Dani
harveysmith27

Post by harveysmith27 »

Oh really i did not try yet but after reading
this post i will definitely try this. Then i will give my feedback. just try me once.
starter

Post by starter »

Greetings!

Today I ran out of fruit juice, so I used ketchup to make tomato juice again. To warm my body up in the cold weather, I added some Shurfine hot sauce into the tomato juice. It's really tasty! I recommend this hot tomato juice to those friends who enjoy hot and sour soup. Give it a try!
alan

Post by alan »

Did you also know that Tabasco is a wonderful exfoliant? A few drops mixed with lime peel will really perk up your face.
Girevik

Post by Girevik »

I live in America, where the vast majority of ketchup contains high fructose corn syrup made from genetically modified corn, amongst other concerning ingredients. I would highly reccomend eating only whole foods for health, perhaps just blending some organic tomatoes, sea salt and local, raw honey would do the trick?
Girevik

Post by Girevik »

m0rl0ck wrote:It might be more nutritious prepared thusly:

1. Fill mug with water.
2. Carefully open ketchup packet.
3. Hurl ketchup packet with great force in any direction.
4. Drink.

Note: Step 2 is optional.

:goodpost:
TheNoBSBuddhist

Post by TheNoBSBuddhist »

starter wrote:Greetings!

Today I ran out of fruit juice, so I used ketchup to make tomato juice again. To warm my body up in the cold weather, I added some Shurfine hot sauce into the tomato juice. It's really tasty! I recommend this hot tomato juice to those friends who enjoy hot and sour soup. Give it a try!
I heartily recommend NOT running out of fruit juice.
This isn't innovation, it's poor stock management.
If you were a chef working in my kitchen - I'd fire you.

:jumping:
:namaste:

You will not be punished FOR your 'emotions'; you will be punished BY your 'emotions'.

Pay attention, simplify, and (Meditation instruction in a nutshell) "Mind - the Gap."
‘Absit invidia verbo’ - may ill-will be absent from the word. And mindful of that, if I don't respond, this may be why....