chemical meditation enhancement

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
retrofuturist

Re: chemical meditation enhancement

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Johnny,
johnny wrote:thanks! have these worked for you? does ginseng have a lot of bad side effects?
From experience, gingko biloba is unqualifiably good. Taurine and guarana are like different forms of caffeine, but not remarkably different. As for ginseng, it's been a while since I've had it, and it predates my interest in meditation.

Either way, they're four things that are "this side of the line" that you could try and see how they work for you.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
johnny

Re: chemical meditation enhancement

Post by johnny »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings Johnny,
johnny wrote:thanks! have these worked for you? does ginseng have a lot of bad side effects?
From experience, gingko biloba is unqualifiably good. Taurine and guarana are like different forms of caffeine, but not remarkably different. As for ginseng, it's been a while since I've had it, and it predates my interest in meditation.

Either way, they're four things that are "this side of the line" that you could try and see how they work for you.

Metta,
Retro. :)
i will give gingko a go i think! thank you sir!
The time would not pass. Somebody was playing with the clocks, and not only the electronic clocks but the wind-up kind too. The second hand on my watch would twitch once, and a year would pass, and then it would twitch again.
There was nothing I could do about it. As an Earthling I had to believe whatever clocks said -and calendars.”
― Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five