possible?

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.

possible?

Postby genkaku » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:20 pm

If I am not mistaken, the only page on which a reader can link to "new posts" is the index page. If this is true, I wonder if it would be possible to create a "new posts" button on each page so that, having finished reading a topic of interest, a reader could travel immediately back to the new posts department rather than going first to the index page and then to new posts.

Since someone(s) obviously took some time and good effort setting up this forum, I hesitate to ask for still more ... but take it easy on me guys: I'm lazy -- what can I tell you? :)

Also, if I am not mistaken, once a response has been posted, there is no opportunity to go back into the post and edit the goofs I invariably make. If I've got this right and haven't nust missed something, I think it would be a helpful addition.

Whatever you decide ... thanks for all.
genkaku

Re: possible?

Postby genkaku » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:23 pm

PS ... see what I mean ... next to last paragraph ... "nust" instead of "just." :)
genkaku

Postby Will » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:24 pm

genkaku wrote:If I am not mistaken, the only page on which a reader can link to "new posts" is the index page. If this is true, I wonder if it would be possible to create a "new posts" button on each page so that, having finished reading a topic of interest, a reader could travel immediately back to the new posts department rather than going first to the index page and then to new posts.

Since someone(s) obviously took some time and good effort setting up this forum, I hesitate to ask for still more ... but take it easy on me guys: I'm lazy -- what can I tell you? :)

Also, if I am not mistaken, once a response has been posted, there is no opportunity to go back into the post and edit the goofs I invariably make. If I've got this right and haven't nust missed something, I think it would be a helpful addition.

Whatever you decide ... thanks for all.

To the latter question - there should be visible, after you post, in the upper right a red lettered button EDIT.
This noble eightfold path is the ancient path traveled by all the Buddhas of eons past. Nagara Sutta
Will

Postby genkaku » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:55 pm

Dear Will -- Thanks very much for pointing out the obvious ... just put me in the corner with my pointy hat and I'll be good.

Thanks.
genkaku

Postby retrofuturist » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:37 am

Greetings Genkaku,

I don't know if the software itself can do that, but if you bookmark the following...

Dhamma Wheel (View new posts)
search.php?search_id=newposts

... you should be able to get there in one-click.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Return to Suggestion box