possible?

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
genkaku

possible?

Post by genkaku »

If I am not mistaken, the only page on which a reader can link to "new posts" is the index page. If this is true, I wonder if it would be possible to create a "new posts" button on each page so that, having finished reading a topic of interest, a reader could travel immediately back to the new posts department rather than going first to the index page and then to new posts.

Since someone(s) obviously took some time and good effort setting up this forum, I hesitate to ask for still more ... but take it easy on me guys: I'm lazy -- what can I tell you? :)

Also, if I am not mistaken, once a response has been posted, there is no opportunity to go back into the post and edit the goofs I invariably make. If I've got this right and haven't nust missed something, I think it would be a helpful addition.

Whatever you decide ... thanks for all.
genkaku

Re: possible?

Post by genkaku »

PS ... see what I mean ... next to last paragraph ... "nust" instead of "just." :)
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

genkaku wrote:If I am not mistaken, the only page on which a reader can link to "new posts" is the index page. If this is true, I wonder if it would be possible to create a "new posts" button on each page so that, having finished reading a topic of interest, a reader could travel immediately back to the new posts department rather than going first to the index page and then to new posts.

Since someone(s) obviously took some time and good effort setting up this forum, I hesitate to ask for still more ... but take it easy on me guys: I'm lazy -- what can I tell you? :)

Also, if I am not mistaken, once a response has been posted, there is no opportunity to go back into the post and edit the goofs I invariably make. If I've got this right and haven't nust missed something, I think it would be a helpful addition.

Whatever you decide ... thanks for all.

To the latter question - there should be visible, after you post, in the upper right a red lettered button EDIT.
Good and evil have no fixed form. It's as easy to turn from doing bad to doing good as it is to flip over the hand from the back to the palm. It's simply up to us to do it. Master Hsuan Hua.
genkaku

Post by genkaku »

Dear Will -- Thanks very much for pointing out the obvious ... just put me in the corner with my pointy hat and I'll be good.

Thanks.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Genkaku,

I don't know if the software itself can do that, but if you bookmark the following...

Dhamma Wheel (View new posts)
http://www.dhammawheel.com/search.php?s ... d=newposts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

... you should be able to get there in one-click.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."