Greetings from the road

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
seekingheartwood

Greetings from the road

Post by seekingheartwood »

Hi there,

Excited to finally get involved with this website, I've heard a lot about it. I've been on a 21 month road trip all around America in an attempt to discover what the Buddha actually taught and how best to express it to Americans. I've been visiting with every meditation teacher I can find in an attempt to get to the heart of this stuff. I'm a firm believer that the best gift you can give is the dhamma and this is what I'd like to help give to this and upcoming generations, especially if I can dispel a lot of them misconceptions and confusion about what the historical Buddha taught.

I am putting together a documentary film on this, but I hope the moderators won't prevent me from posting because I'm not here to promote that, and besides, it's a long ways away from being finished. I'm still out interviewing, meditating, and visiting temples, meditation groups, and monasteries. I'm only here to have an outlet to mull over a lot of what I've experienced within a good community. And hopefully people will suggest places/teachers that mean a lot to them so I can visit them.

Thanks,
Adam
http://www.seekingheartwood.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Khalil Bodhi

Re: Greetings from the road

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Welcome Adam! It looks like pretty interesting stuff! Too bad you didn't make it out here to the East Coast. I'll be checking in to your blog and look forward to your posts! Mettaya.

Mike
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome Adam!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
seekingheartwood

Thanks for the welcome guys.

>Mike, I actually have been out to the East coast quite a bit. I've been to about 35 states all over the country at this point. I just didn't start the blog util about 4 months ago, once I was headed from Texas to Cali.

Cheers
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Adam,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Enlightenment0106

Post by Enlightenment0106 »

Hey adam! I am new here too ! hope to see you around :)
Form is emptiness. Emptiness is form--- Heart sutra
cooran

Post by cooran »

Welcome Adam! :group:

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Thanks for signing on here; intertesting website.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Alobha

Post by Alobha »

Welcome Adam :smile:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

Great photos!

Have you already been through Las Vegas?
seekingheartwood

David,

Unfortunately I haven't been out to Las Vegas yet but I've heard there's a lot of Buddhism there. I'm in the LA area though, so not to far and need to get out there soon. I've got the Buddhist Geeks Conference coming up next, so maybe after that I can head out to Vegas.

Adam
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Great! Hopefully you can come by my place and get some photos? Here are some other Buddhist centers in Vegas too:

http://www.dhammawiki.com/index.php?title=Las_Vegas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And there is also the big statue of Brahma in front of Caesers Palace.
Ytrog

Post by Ytrog »

Welcome :)

Btw: Geek conferences are good, so I imagine Buddhist geek conferences are awesome :buddha1: :ugeek:
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.