YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

blows my mind how many people do not care! - Page 2 - Dhamma Wheel

blows my mind how many people do not care!

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths. What can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
johnny

Re: blows my mind how many people do not care!

Postby johnny » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:10 pm

The time would not pass. Somebody was playing with the clocks, and not only the electronic clocks but the wind-up kind too. The second hand on my watch would twitch once, and a year would pass, and then it would twitch again.
There was nothing I could do about it. As an Earthling I had to believe whatever clocks said -and calendars.”
― Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five

johnny

Postby johnny » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:14 pm

The time would not pass. Somebody was playing with the clocks, and not only the electronic clocks but the wind-up kind too. The second hand on my watch would twitch once, and a year would pass, and then it would twitch again.
There was nothing I could do about it. As an Earthling I had to believe whatever clocks said -and calendars.”

johnny

Postby johnny » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:16 pm

David2

Postby David2 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:23 pm

To make a little comment on the title of the thread:

It is the aversion or the craving that blows the mind, not the circumstances.

So there is nothing really wrong with circumstances at any time - there can only be something wrong with how we relate to them.

manas

Postby manas » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:38 pm

Then the Blessed One, picking up a tiny bit of dust with the tip of his fingernail, said to the monk, "There isn't even this much form...feeling...
perception...fabrications...consciousness that is constant, lasting, eternal, not subject to change, that will stay just as it is as long as eternity."

mikenz66

Postby mikenz66 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:06 pm

johnny

Postby johnny » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:03 am

johnny

Postby johnny » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:07 am

mikenz66

Postby mikenz66 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:28 am

johnny

Postby johnny » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:16 am

Last edited by johnny on Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:19 am, edited 5 times in total.

mikenz66

Postby mikenz66 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:36 am

johnny

Postby johnny » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:42 am

SamKR

Postby SamKR » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:21 am

blows my mind how many dhamma-followers consider a sincere advice as an insult.
(sometimes myself too.)

mikenz66

Postby mikenz66 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:23 am

johnny

Postby johnny » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:41 am

Mawkish1983

Postby Mawkish1983 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:47 am

Last edited by Mawkish1983 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Man

Postby Mr Man » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:51 am

[At Veluvana So.na the householder's son approached the Blessed One. The Buddha said:] "Whatever recluses and Brahmans, So.na, hold views about the body, which is impermanent, unsatisfactory and subject to change, such as 'I am better [than you],' 'I am equal [to you],' or 'I am worse [than you]' [likewise 'feeling,' 'perception,' 'mental formations,' 'consciousness'], what else are they but folk who do not see things as they really are?

"But, So.na, whatever recluses and Brahmans do not hold such views... What else are they but those who see things as they really are?"

SN 22.49

:anjali:

johnny

Postby johnny » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:57 am

Last edited by johnny on Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mawkish1983

Postby Mawkish1983 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:00 am

johnny

Postby johnny » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:03 am

Return to “Connections to Other Paths”