New Meditation Forum Structure

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
retrofuturist

New Meditation Forum Structure

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

We're in the process of restructuring the meditation section at the moment.

New sub-forums will be created and moderators will assist in moving existing topics out of the existing sections to the new ones.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
LonesomeYogurt

Re: New Meditation Forum Structure - Under Construction

Post by LonesomeYogurt »

THE MADNESS

I like it!
Gain and loss, status and disgrace,
censure and praise, pleasure and pain:
these conditions among human beings are inconstant,
impermanent, subject to change.

Knowing this, the wise person, mindful,
ponders these changing conditions.
Desirable things don’t charm the mind,
undesirable ones bring no resistance.

His welcoming and rebelling are scattered,
gone to their end,
do not exist.
- Lokavipatti Sutta

Stuff I write about things.
retrofuturist

Re: New Meditation Forum Structure - Under Construction

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Topics have been moved from the old structure to the new structure.

There may be a bit of re-filing done by moderators where there's an opportunity to move things into a more appropriate sub-forum, but effectively it's business as usual.

:thanks:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Ben

Re: New Meditation Forum Structure

Post by Ben »

I would like to thank everyone who have been consulted with regards to the forum changes that include all of the admins, founding members, and moderators and a number of long-time members including Nana, Daverupa, Kim, Dan and others (forgive me if I do not mention you by name). Restructuring the meditation forum was something that had been on my mind quite a long time and it been given quite a bit of consideration by all concerned.

And thank you to Retrofuturist who implemented the changes. It was on my list of things to do but as a result of limits on my time and some ongoing connectivity issues, it wasn't happening in a timely manner.
with metta,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
SDC

Post by SDC »

I really like the new layout. Simple and organized. Great work, all!
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
Ytrog

Post by Ytrog »

Simple. I really like that there is a new Ethical Conduct section here. My only suggestion for that section is to mention the term "Sila" in the title so that newcomers know what to search for if they want to know more.
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.