How to deal with "pest"/insects in your home?

Buddhist ethical conduct including the Five Precepts (Pañcasikkhāpada), and Eightfold Ethical Conduct (Aṭṭhasīla).
NoMoreSnoozeBar

Re: How to deal with "pest"/insects in your home?

Post by NoMoreSnoozeBar »

Yes I do. Thanks! Gnats are difficult to keep out because if their size. I really don't get house flies inside very often. I'm pretty diligent on the prevention front.

Be well!

~Chris
Metta,

~Chris

:anjali:

Hitting the snooze bar of life may seem easier, but practicing toward awakening is a much better idea.

:thumbsup:
Ben

Re: How to deal with "pest"/insects in your home?

Post by Ben »

Yes, I have a similar issue from summer to late autumn with swarms of very tiny flying insects at the cottage in the country where I live during the week. They seem to find their way in the house under doors and the smallest cracks and then swarm around lights. There's nothing I can do except be vigilant with closing doors and curtains. As far as annoyance goes, they're fairly low on the annoyance scale as I've had an incursion of mice into the house, possums living above the ceiling and I always get large huntsman spiders finding their way in the house in the warmer months as well.
You can only do so much and then if the insects continue to invade your living space and dying there - its important to maintain your equanimity.
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..