It's hip to be white

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

It's hip to be white

Postby Ben » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:19 am

Its a bit of fun and I thought you would like it too!
http://www.theage.com.au/news/entertain ... 34964.html
Metta

Ben
"Only those who take to meditation with good intentions can be assured of success. With the development of the purity and the power of the mind backed by the insight into the ultimate truth of nature, one might be able to do a lot of things in the right direction for the benefit of mankind."

Sayagyi U Ba Khin

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief
UNHCR Syria Emergency Relief AppealTyphoon Haiyan Relief AppealKiva: (person to person micro-finance)

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Re: It's hip to be white

Postby thornbush » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:29 am

Ah Melbourne....wonder how is my aunt there....
'Boringest' city sayeth some preferring Sydney :jumping:
thornbush

Postby Ben » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:49 am

Hi Thornbush
Having lived in both Sydney and Melbourne (and also Brisbane, Ballarat and now Launceston), and having lived in Melbourne for 18 years, I can assure you that it isn't boring! In many ways, its much more vibrant than Sydney.
Metta

Ben
"Only those who take to meditation with good intentions can be assured of success. With the development of the purity and the power of the mind backed by the insight into the ultimate truth of nature, one might be able to do a lot of things in the right direction for the benefit of mankind."

Sayagyi U Ba Khin

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief
UNHCR Syria Emergency Relief AppealTyphoon Haiyan Relief AppealKiva: (person to person micro-finance)

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby David N. Snyder » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:42 pm

Here's a song by Weird Al that's got my name written all over it:

I have websites, ph.d., chess team, star wars, etc. Even the hybrid prius in the video is like the one I own. :jedi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp6eswhgOKk
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Return to Lounge