Greeting from Yuma Arizona

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Greeting from Yuma Arizona

Postby David for now » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:15 pm

Hello everyone. Recently joined the board and wanted to send out my well wishes. As there is not a temple, of any school, within a 3 1/2 drive, this board is a great resource in seeking opinions and answers. Thank you. Probably won't post much as I enjoy seeking answers to my questions by researching what others have asked before. Almost always find the answer plus learn so much that it prevents future questions, which in turn leaves me more time to meditate.

Wish you the best day you think is possible,

David
David for now

Re: Greeting from Yuma Arizona

Postby David N. Snyder » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:14 pm

David for now wrote:As there is not a temple, of any school, within a 3 1/2 drive,

Vegas? :tongue:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha1:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby bodom » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:42 pm

Welcome David!

:anjali:
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Postby David for now » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:01 am

Closest temples are San Diego or Phoenix although I'm choosing one in Tuscon to support. Vegas raises an interesting question. Can I use my comps that I earned from before to book a trip to visit a temple now? I never used my trips to Vegas from an excuse for drink or explore sexual misconduct but I would be going with the intent of not gambling. But as i know that is what the comp is intended for I guess that would break a Precept. I'll have to save for Vegas. :) Looking forwards towards visit the temples there, have a feeling it won't be long

David
David for now

Postby cooran » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:33 am

Welcome David! :group:

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
cooran

Postby waimengwan » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:08 am

Welcome David! Some lamas are starting to teach via webcast so technology can be used or good too.
waimengwan

Return to Introductions