Four Foundations of Mindfulness in Plain English

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
bodom

Re: Four Foundations of Mindfulness in Plain English

Post by bodom »

David N. Snyder wrote:
bodom wrote:I ordered and downloaded my ebook copy to my Nook today and I am so glad I did! What an amazing and excellent teacher Bhante G. is. This book is my new go to guide for anything meditation related. I cannot recommended it highly enough!
Thanks for that report. I just ordered a copy. I think I have all of his books now (or will have when this arrives) and yes, he is a great writer / teacher.
Glad to hear David you wont be dissapointed!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
bodom

Post by bodom »

Cittasanto wrote:I have gone through his PHd thesis which was turned into a book and goes by a couple of names (although both escape me now). it is a fascinating read although not a practice manual like Mindfulness in plain English, but well worth the read also. I have a feeling Mindfulness in Plain English is a scaled down version in many respects.

Have a look in the Biblography for it!

and just realised this is off topic to the book being refered to :juggling:
anyway, do with as you see fit :p
I believe you are referring to his book on the jhanas The path to serenity and insight and yes it is a great work!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Ytrog

Post by Ytrog »

Ven. G's books are well written. I look forward to this one. :anjali:
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.
Alobha

Post by Alobha »

Never read any of Bhante G's books but since literally everyone regards him so highly, I guess I'll better check some of his books out..