I Am So Into Mind Games!!

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
yawares

I Am So Into Mind Games!!

Post by yawares »

Dear Members,

Yesterday Tep/I watched my favorite movie FINAL ANALYSIS, if you're into mind games, expecting a mysterious, psychological thriller, with a twist ending then this is the movie treat for you.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... gac&sado=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Richard Gere played a San Francisco psychiatrist beds a patient's unhappily married sister, he becomes entangled in a web of murder, intrigue and double-crosses. In this movie, Kim Basinger played a sweet & innocent but daring role into pursuing an opportunity of getting rid of her rich husband (Eric Roberts). The object of her desire is her sister (Uma Thurman) and hunk psychiatrist (Richard Gere) who all three gamble for deceit and manipulation. The question is, who of the three will prevail? The movie ignites with heavy drama and suspense,it means a frightening psychotic, good and evil, hope and despair, beauty and repulsion.This is what Richard Gere, the psychiatrist, needs to figure out. I think this is the best acting role that Kim Basinger had ever pursued over all her other movies even LA Confidential, where she won Golden globe award as best actress.

After I watched this movie, Buddha's saying came into my mind:

[AN 10. Sacittavaggo. Sacittasuttam: ] "Bhikkhus, do not become clever in penetrating and understanding others' minds, be clever in penetrating and understanding your mind. This is the right practice."

Do you know that Richard Gere is a Buddhist?? And he loves to talk about his many years of Buddhist practice, his devotion to his teacher the Dalai Lama, and his work for Tibetan freedom. :thumbsup:

yawares-theatre
:heart:
Ben

Re: I Am So Into Mind Games!!

Post by Ben »

Thanks Yawares,

Last night my wife and I watched the movie "A Dangerous Method" which is about the birth of psychotherapy and Carl Jung and his relationship with Sigmund Freud.
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
yawares

Post by yawares »

Ben wrote:Thanks Yawares,

Last night my wife and I watched the movie "A Dangerous Method" which is about the birth of psychotherapy and Carl Jung and his relationship with Sigmund Freud.
kind regards,

Ben

Dear Ben,

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... thod+movie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh...I like Viggo Mortensen...I'll definitely rent this movie tomorrow...thanks!!

yawares
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Yawares,

Its also got the Knightley girl in it. She plays the part of Jung's patient who becomes his student and mistress.

But if its mindgames that you like and you like to read novels, then I can recommend John Le Carre's masterpiece: "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy".
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
yawares

Post by yawares »

Ben wrote:Hi Yawares,

Its also got the Knightley girl in it. She plays the part of Jung's patient who becomes his student and mistress.

But if its mindgames that you like and you like to read novels, then I can recommend John Le Carre's masterpiece: "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy".
kind regards,
Ben

Dear Ben,
I just finished watching "A Dangerous Method"...I like it but not as much as FINAL ANALYSIS and PRIMAL FEAR...both starring Richard Gere.
Thanks for telling me about the movie. :thumbsup:
yawares