" Un je ne sais quoi !"

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Dhammadanam

" Un je ne sais quoi !"

Post by Dhammadanam »

Hi everyone ! bonjour à tous !

Hi all,

This is my first post but I know that dhammawheel is a reference site on the internet and I had the opportunity to read some posts enrichissants, excuse my english in advance but I am French and the language of Shakespeare is not our best knowledge (thanx google!)

My name is Benoît, I live in Paris and I met the Dhamma a few years ago discovering Little Buddha by Bernardo Bertolucci. After a stint in the Vajrayana I turned to Theravada which is now the path that guides me. Ajahn Chah was a revelation to me ...

France is poor about monasteries and centers (non-existent) so I create a forum for myself to try to unite the french theravada community which is ultra minority and i finalizing several projects of partage Dhamma (cf: my nickname dhammadanam) like the french traduction of Illustrated Dhammapada , I hope can you talk about when the time comes!

Here we say more? thank you for this space even if english-spokeb there remains the benchmark for (french) Theravada seekers.

Soon on other posts!

with Metta

Benoît

:stirthepot:
Bonjour à tous,

Ceci est mon premier message mais je connais bien ce site qui est une référence sur internet et j'ai eu l'occasion de parcourir certains posts enrichissantsVous excuserez mon anglais par avance mais je suis Français et la langue de Shakespeare n'est pas ce que nous maitrisons le mieux !

Je m'apelle Benoît, j'habite à Paris et j'ais rencontré le dhamma il y'a fort longtemps ( Little Buddha par Bernardo Bertolucci) Après un passage dans le Vajrayana je me suis tourné vers le Theravada qui est aujourd'hui la voie qui me guide. Ajahn Chah fut pour moi une révélation ...

La France est pauvre en centres et monastères (inexistants) alors j'ai crée un forum moi aussi pour tenter de fédérer la communauté théravadine en France qui est ultra minoritaire et finalise plusieurs projets de partagage du Dhamma (cf: dhammadanam), j'espère pouvoir vous en parler le moment venu !

Voila que dire de plus ? merci pour cet espace bien qu'anglophone il reste la référence pour les théravadins (francais).

A bientot sur d'autres posts !

Avec Metta

Benoît
นโม ตสส ภควโต อรหโต สมมาสมพุทธสส
Buckwheat

Re: " Un je ne sais quoi !"

Post by Buckwheat »

While he is clearly not Theravadan, Thich Nhat Hanh lives in France. He may be a "local" resource available to you. His monastary is Plum Village. He practices Vietnamese Zen. Some criticize him for emphasizing bare mindfulness, saying he has a lack of insight. He seems pretty wise to me, though.
Sotthī hontu nirantaraṃ - May you forever be well.
Dhammadanam

Post by Dhammadanam »

Thanx for your reply Buckwheat

Well? there's a place in Paris where i'll go to pratice samatha/vipassana bhavana nearly even if i'll do at home every day.

I know TNH who is living in south of France but like you said is a zen "master" and i don't really like his way of teaching.
French theravada seekers are aware that ressources are deficients in France ... but it's like that !

:buddha2:
นโม ตสส ภควโต อรหโต สมมาสมพุทธสส
daverupa

Post by daverupa »

http://www.centrebouddhique.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Sri Lankan, near le Bourget.

http://www.refugebouddhique.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - I think this is Forest Tradition, located in the south near Eguilles.

http://www.vipassana.fr/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - vipassana, near Vincennes.

:heart:
  • "And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting oneself one protects others? By the pursuit, development, and cultivation of the four establishments of mindfulness. It is in such a way that by protecting oneself one protects others.

"And how is it, bhikkhus, that by protecting others one protects oneself? By patience, harmlessness, goodwill, and sympathy. It is in such a way that by protecting others one protects oneself.

- Sedaka Sutta [SN 47.19]
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome Benoit!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha1:
rowyourboat

Post by rowyourboat »

Welcome! I hope your efforts bear fruit and a flourishing Theravadin community is created in the future!

with metta
With Metta

Karuna
Mudita
& Upekkha
DAWN

Post by DAWN »

Bonjour Benoit !

I'am from Cherbourg, and I think that there is no one who practice theravada by 100km all aroud :smile:
Anywere, can you send me your french forum?

If you want there is some dhammatalks in Forest Tradition
http://www.dhammadelaforet.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Merci!
:namaste:
Sabbe dhamma anatta
We are not concurents...
I'am sorry for my english
Mawkish1983

Post by Mawkish1983 »

Hello.

I remember visiting a monastery somewhere in the middle of a large park in Paris a few years back. I'm afraid I can't remember specifically where though, and it may have already been mentioned.
waimengwan

Post by waimengwan »

Welcome!