Confession

Buddhist ethical conduct including the Five Precepts (Pañcasikkhāpada), and Eightfold Ethical Conduct (Aṭṭhasīla).
Cittasanto

Re: Confession

Post by Cittasanto »

Annapurna wrote:Oh my goodness, Cittasanto, that is a challenge...

Wouldn't you say that you are getting "mobbed"...?

Have you talked to the boss about it...?

Do you have a works council, or ombudsman or something?

May I ask what their nationality is? Religion? Perhaps there is a key hidden in the differences...

I'm sorry if I missed something in your previous descriptions, -this is not my Native tongue.

Hope you are feeling a bit better! :hug:
I am feeling fine! Although as this situation is naturally on my mind things are linking together and it is tiring to separate the facts from the proliferations constantly.
The Bosses are aware of the situation that happened, and I am going to point some things out to them today.

I edited the last post removing the further descriptions. even though I do not feel they are wrong, it is just to stay on the safe side.
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Caraka

Post by Caraka »

Yesterday my patience also ran out. For me it was my backyard, the grass was getting far to long, and by then I have had enough of that ----. Determined to tell the lawn something about not growing wild I went with stiff steps directly to my garage for my big lawnmower. I fired it up, and started to cut the "#$%&! grass, the whole 100 square meter, so you could say I was not happy about the situation. It always takes time. Time I could have used on other stuff. Anyway, about halfway out in the grass cutting, and in what might be called a mistaken attempt to keep the mind calm. I realized that I actually never ever had changed the way I cut my grass, not for years, well, I'm a buddhist ain't I? So I figured I could try to changed the way I cut it! You know. Starting with the beginning, then halfway out, jumping right to the end, for then go backwards to the middle again to finish…

Amazingly enough, nothing happened. No change in me. The grass was just cut, and it was really unsatisfactory knowing that this grass would never stay cut. It will grow back. Getting long again, and then I might have to cut it all over again. Oh, thou situation..

But, I do hope that I one day, it might not even be in this life, I will just let the grass grow freely, letting it get as long as it self want. Wishing it happy conditions. Cause by then I would not mind anymore, and I would not mind having lawnmower go rust away in my garage. For sooner or later I suspect the grass will grow so high, getting so heavy, that it will just fall to the ground by it self.

Best wishes.
Last edited by Ben on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Expletive removed by Admin
DAWN

Post by DAWN »

Caraka wrote:Yesterday my patience also ran out. For me it was my backyard, the grass was getting far to long, and by then I have had enough of that ----. Determined to tell the lawn something about not growing wild I went with stiff steps directly to my garage for my big lawnmower. I fired it up, and started to cut the "#$%&! grass, the whole 100 square meter, so you could say I was not happy about the situation. It always takes time. Time I could have used on other stuff. Anyway, about halfway out in the grass cutting, and in what might be called a mistaken attempt to keep the mind calm. I realized that I actually never ever had changed the way I cut my grass, not for years, well, I'm a buddhist ain't I? So I figured I could try to changed the way I cut it! You know. Starting with the beginning, then halfway out, jumping right to the end, for then go backwards to the middle again to finish…

Amazingly enough, nothing happened. No change in me. The grass was just cut, and it was really unsatisfactory knowing that this grass would never stay cut. It will grow back. Getting long again, and then I might have to cut it all over again. Oh, thou situation..

But, I do hope that I one day, it might not even be in this life, I will just let the grass grow freely, letting it get as long as it self want. Wishing it happy conditions. Cause by then I would not mind anymore, and I would not mind having lawnmower go rust away in my garage. For sooner or later I suspect the grass will grow so high, getting so heavy, that it will just fall to the ground by it self.

Best wishes.
Be carefull with cutting grass machine.
One of my clients, one mounth ago cutting his grass, and the machine was stopped, cause was blocked, so he try to clean in with his arm, and accidently he push on the "start", so now he have no fingers...
So dont worry about the grass, there is much more stressfull situation with it, when your fingers are cutted off by the machine
Awereness awereness awereness :namaste:
Last edited by Ben on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Expletive removed from quoted post by Admin
Sabbe dhamma anatta
We are not concurents...
I'am sorry for my english
Ben

Post by Ben »

Caraka wrote:I have had enough of that s---stuff.
I understand, but please watch your language.
Dhamma Wheel is a family friendly forum.

Caraka wrote:the whole 100 square meter...
[/quote]
Consider yourself lucky.
I have 18 hectares of grounds to manage. Presently it is weed season.
From Spring through to Autumn I can very easily spend 4 days a week mowing grass and spraying weeds.
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Caraka wrote:Yesterday my patience also ran out. For me it was my backyard, the grass was getting far to long, and by then I have had enough of that ----. Determined to tell the lawn something about not growing wild I went with stiff steps directly to my garage for my big lawnmower. I fired it up, and started to cut the "#$%&! grass, the whole 100 square meter, so you could say I was not happy about the situation. It always takes time. Time I could have used on other stuff. Anyway, about halfway out in the grass cutting, and in what might be called a mistaken attempt to keep the mind calm. I realized that I actually never ever had changed the way I cut my grass, not for years, well, I'm a buddhist ain't I? So I figured I could try to changed the way I cut it! You know. Starting with the beginning, then halfway out, jumping right to the end, for then go backwards to the middle again to finish…

Best wishes.
Lol, I loved your story!

That's where I am for most of the year...

I do not use fertilizer anymore, only rarely, and the lawn turned into an amazing flower meadow. I cut it the first time after most of the flowers are gone, until then the garden belongs to itsself and it's animals....and then I cut short again whenever it needs it. Lots of soft moss in it...

spares me a lot of time and nerves to just let nature be what it wan't to be.

English lawn? Who said I need that? Along with all the costs? It's a whole biz branch taht lives of telling me I need an english lawn.

Children love natural gardens, btw, and I also don't spray weed sprays, as they are a health risk.

Just like insecticides.

If they weren't, you could stir em in your yogurt, but you can't.

Here's the blue phase of my *lawn*!
SDC10059.JPG
SDC10059.JPG (212.65 KiB) Viewed 3704 times
Last edited by Ben on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Expletive removed from quoted post by Admin
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Cittasanto wrote:
Annapurna wrote:Oh my goodness, Cittasanto, that is a challenge...

Wouldn't you say that you are getting "mobbed"...?

Have you talked to the boss about it...?

Do you have a works council, or ombudsman or something?

May I ask what their nationality is? Religion? Perhaps there is a key hidden in the differences...

I'm sorry if I missed something in your previous descriptions, -this is not my Native tongue.

Hope you are feeling a bit better! :hug:
I am feeling fine! Although as this situation is naturally on my mind things are linking together and it is tiring to separate the facts from the proliferations constantly.
The Bosses are aware of the situation that happened, and I am going to point some things out to them today.

I edited the last post removing the further descriptions. even though I do not feel they are wrong, it is just to stay on the safe side.
Cittasanto, I hope it will get better for you then!

Tell us how it went, please.
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

I should know tonight what is happening at work!

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

people :focus:
I was needed on another team tonight but it does not look like anything has changed with the work situation

John Stuart Mill
DAWN

Post by DAWN »

Maby problem is not in 'others' but in our self?

It's difficult to accept, but sometimes when behaviour of others seems 'wrong' we have to quanstion our selfs what is the reasons to that behaviour. Buddhist people are wise peoples, so we have to use this wisdom.

It's said that
'The strong one is not the one who conquer others
The strong one is the on who conquer him self '
Sabbe dhamma anatta
We are not concurents...
I'am sorry for my english
Kamran

Post by Kamran »

I had recurring angry thoughts about work when I was with my family to the extent that I was not enjoying my time off with my family.

One thing that helps me is to keep in mind that human perception is very selective. I don't trust what I think, because my perception is probably wrong, or even in the best case my perception is only an approximation of the truth - not the whole truth.

In addition to vipassana, I would try extensive Metta meditation. I have practicing metta for a short while and have seen enough benefits to continue. Understanding that the people that made me angry suffer from defilements just like me, and genuinely wishing them well has offset angry feelings I had towards them.

I try to be mindful, alert, and ardent throughout the day in a battle against my own defilements.
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

Dear Cittasanto,

living since longer in a foreign country I think I can understand this a little. Actually the time when I did not understand anything they talked and did not know the ways like they really thinks was the best.
How ever in such a situation you can be sure that 99% of your ideas are simply selfmade and not real. With a good mind setting you will be not disturbed a little even if they realy up to harm you.

After a little time you "know" their ways a little as well as what they talk. Actually the time when I understood a little and know their ways a little was the most worse.
How ever in a situation of feeling harmed you can be sure that 99% of your ideas are simply selfmade and not real. With a good mind setting you will be not disturbed a little even if they realy up to harm you.

If you understand their ways and you understand what they talk 100% you can be sure that in every situation you are disturbed and harmed that your ideas are 99% simply selfmade and not real. With baring in mind that you might could have lost your good mind setting you will again not be harmed even if they really like to harm you.

You got a great place to work, honor it like a outstanding university. Do not see it as being a bad condition for practice.
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Hanzze
That was not the situation here.

John Stuart Mill
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

I know, that are the 99%. Not easy. Much wish you much patient.
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Cittasanto,

I found myself in this situation yesterday which caused anger to arise:

I have a holiday apartment for rent.

My guests are of Russian descent, one speaks perfect German, the other only English.

The 6 year old of the English must have lifted the lid of the flushing system and destroyed something so it won't flush anymore.

They refused to accept the boy could have tampered with the flushing system and accused my "defect equipment" (which was running perfectly when checked before check in) and suddenly switched from English which all 3 of us understood, to Russian, in an obvious attempt to share something I wasn't supposed to understand...

I wasn't angry at the time, but it iccured to me later that it was not ok and I am just overall angry over people who damage things and then try to blame the owner.

I can't wait til they leave the house today, as they kept making extra trouble yesterday, like the boy dropping his toys in my cellar for fun and then unable to find it and crying, and the uncle ordering me like a waitress to go find it WHILE I WAS SITTING OUTSIDE WITH MY GUESTS!!!

It's selfcatering, you see, and I am NOT their waitress!

Some people are just overall difficult to deal with, others real easy and considerate...and we all prefer to be with pleasant people...

How are things by you?
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

:jumping: sorry
Just that! *smile*