Hello from Barcelona!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Gerd

Hello from Barcelona!

Post by Gerd »

I'm gonna introduce myself. My name is Gerard, I'm 21 and I live in Barcelona, Spain.

I 'discovered' buddhism recently and I've found on it the philosophy I've been maturing during my life. I used to be confused about life, specially about human's behavior towards it and I couldn't stop thinking "Why does people act like this? What's on their mind?". I didn't know anything about buddhism, in my eyes it was just another religion and my knowledge about it was null. Suddendly I learned about meditation and started practicing it and when I achieved my true-self I saw the truth on the distance, as a secret goal waiting to be accomplished. I wanted to find out more about meditation and it's how I found buddhism.

While I was reading Buddha's life everything sounded so familiar, so obvious and close to myself. It's really important to me because my whole life I've been skeptical about spirituality, now I feel I've found what was missing on me.

I hope I can learn as much as possible from all of you, there's still a long path of learning. :namaste:
Modus.Ponens

Re: Hello from Barcelona!

Post by Modus.Ponens »

Welcome! :hello:

La Catedral de la Sagrada Familia is my favorite monument! :)

I'm from your neighbour country, Portugal. I hope you find what you're looking for in this forum.

:anjali:
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome Gerard!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha2:
cooran

Post by cooran »

Welcome! :group:

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Welcome Gerard! :group:
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com