You should select a type of bhikkhu that you want to be.
1. Mahayana Bhikkhu - China
2. New Generation of Theravada Bhikkhu - Mahanikaya of thailand, many nikaya in Burma except Shwegyin Nikaya, all nikaya in cylon except raman nikaya.
3. New Generation of Zen Style Theravada Bhikkhu - Buddhadasa Bhikkhu in Thailand.
4. Old Generation of Zen Style Theravada Bhikkhu - Dhammayutta Nikaya, Wat Pah Nanachat (International Temple) of Cha Bhikkhu (Bhodhin-a Bhikkhu), etc.
5. Tipitaka style Theravada Bhikkhu without Older Bhikkhu Tradition - No specify Nikaya (a new Thailand tradition group that is a derivative of Shwegyin Nikaya )
(Vinaya and Abhidhamma) + P.A.Payutto bhikkhu (Sutta and Pan-n-a) -- don't separate them for a good work.
6. Tipitaka style Theravada Bhikkhu with Older Bhikkhu Tradition - Shwegyin Nikaya, , etc.
In my experience, Sixth is the best patipada and completely like bikkhu in Theravada Tipitaka. Fifth is lower but better than another thai mongs, when compare between Thailand mong.
If I must be coexist with another I will choose from this ranking...
Pa-Auk Sayadaw > Bhikkhu Revata > Leader of Ramanna Nikaya in Cylon > Other group of Shwegyin Nikaya (that don't get money) > Buddhaparisad Raksa Dhammavinaya Network > P.A.Payutto bhikkhu (Sutta and Pan-n-a) + Bhodhin-a Bhikkhu group -- that don't get any money.
I don't select these I always will be upasaka forever...
Other Nikaya of Burma except Shwegyin Nikaya > Other Thailand Dhammayuttanikaya and Another nikaya that get money > 3 > 2 > 1
("Get money" is only a example of the bad habits, don't be live under the vinaya of buddha, that I choose to explain this case.)
I'm talkative, sorry.
Parking this account.
I have been moved to another account.