Is it hard to get ordained in the UK monasteries?

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
James the Giant

Re: Is it hard to get ordained in the UK monasteries?

Post by James the Giant »

UhBaUnTaUh wrote:"Zen Style Theravada Bhikkhu"
I meant to Bhikkus who don't wanna hard observe their Sila by Vinaya Pitaka
UhBaUnTaUh wrote:Zen Style Theravada Bhikkhu - Dhammayutta Nikaya, Wat Pah Nanachat (International Temple) of Cha Bhikkhu (Bhodhin-a Bhikkhu), etc.
Gosh! Why do you say bhikkhus at Wat Pah Nanachat don't have very good sila/vinaya? My experience is very different; of the bhikkhus I have met, those who have lived at Wat Pah Nanachat have been the most strict in vinaya observance.
Then,
saturated with joy,
you will put an end to suffering and stress.
SN 9.11
Goofaholix

Post by Goofaholix »

James the Giant wrote:Gosh! Why do you say bhikkhus at Wat Pah Nanachat don't have very good sila/vinaya? My experience is very different; of the bhikkhus I have met, those who have lived at Wat Pah Nanachat have been the most strict in vinaya observance.
I agree, I've been in many monasteries in Thailand, Burma, and the west,Wat Pah Nanachat is definately the strictest both in vinaya and etiquette.
Pronouns (no self / not self)
“Peace is within oneself to be found in the same place as agitation and suffering. It is not found in a forest or on a hilltop, nor is it given by a teacher. Where you experience suffering, you can also find freedom from suffering. Trying to run away from suffering is actually to run toward it.”
― Ajahn Chah
UhBaUnTaUh

Post by UhBaUnTaUh »

^

Our Sila and Vinaya standard agreements are difference.

My standards...

Reference Standard.

a. Vinaya and Parisuddhisila the First defined up to Vinaya Pitaka.

b. Samadhi and the other Parisuddhisilas defined up to Suttanta Pitaka.

c. Panna and Pativedha defined up to Abhidhamma Pitaka.

Especially, my Bikkhus try to do "everything" like Vinaya Tipitaka Enforced, simile population should strict on constitution neither they agree nor disagree on it.

Tendency Standard...

Pass - When someone develop themselves on/over the lowest agreement of Reference Standard. In graph view, it seem to be lower than X Axis.

Fail - When someone develop themselves substandard than the lowest agreement of Reference Standard. In graph view, it seem to be plot fit on/upper than X Axis.
UhBaUnTaUh wrote:
1. Mahayana Bhikkhu - China

2. New Generation of Theravada Bhikkhu - Mahanikaya of thailand, many nikaya in Burma except Shwegyin Nikaya, all nikaya in cylon except raman nikaya.

3. New Generation of Zen Style Theravada Bhikkhu - Buddhadasa Bhikkhu in Thailand.

4. Old Generation of Zen Style Theravada Bhikkhu - Dhammayutta Nikaya, Wat Pah Nanachat (International Temple) of Cha Bhikkhu (Bhodhin-a Bhikkhu), etc.

5. Tipitaka style Theravada Bhikkhu without Older Bhikkhu Tradition - No specify Nikaya (a new Thailand tradition group that is a derivative of Shwegyin Nikaya )
Buddhaparisad Raksa Dhammavinaya Network (Vinaya and Abhidhamma) + P.A.Payutto bhikkhu (Sutta and Pan-n-a) -- don't separate them for a good work.

6. Tipitaka style Theravada Bhikkhu with Older Bhikkhu Tradition - Shwegyin Nikaya, Venerable Pa-Auk Sayadaw, U Acinna, Bhikkhu Revata Pa-Auk Meditation Centre., etc.
1 and 2 are fail at all -- a, b, c, such as 3 but 3 get closer, to the standard, than 1 and 2.

4 get closer than 3,especially get more pass in b than 5, in a lot of part of modern life relationship. But tendency of 4 is bearish.

5 get pass in a, fit to standard. But tendency of 4 is bullish.

Overall image of 1-5 is lower than the standard, however 5 working up and down near the standard and their performance tendency is bullish.

6 pass at all--a, b, c. They are bullish in meditation. But in my opinion their expandation method (teaching, media using, etc.) is lower than the Buddha and Theras planned in Tipitaka.

Note. Pity me, please. I have very tried to give less reason as much as I can do, to avoid to jumble you by my datas. I think that it will be better to anwser in some point (refference, reason, detail, etc.) that someone debt than I ramble on my opinion.

---------------------------------------------

edit : barlish -> bearish
Last edited by UhBaUnTaUh on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parking this account.

I have been moved to another account.
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

But in my opinion their expandation method (teaching, media using, etc.) is lower than the Buddha and Theras planned in Tipitaka.
Was/is there a plan beside the Vinaya? (But maybe better in a new tread as a little offtopic. If you like to tell us more, it would be great I guess)
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_