Translation Request

Explore the ancient language of the Tipitaka and Theravāda commentaries
Truth_Seeker1989

Translation Request

Post by Truth_Seeker1989 »

Hello there. I am going to start incorporating my mala into my practice, and plan to use a personal Mantra. I want it in Pali. If you could translate this for me please, it would be much appreciated. And please include a break down of pronunciation (IE: Dukkha, Dook - a).

The mind is a field, I water the seeds of Enlightenment:

Right View, I Pray This Seed Blossoms (Optional Addition For Experimentation: ...Into A Beautiful Lotus)

Right Thought, Etc

Right Speech, Etc

Right Action, Etc

Right Livelihood, Etc

Right Effort, Etc

Right Mindfulness, Etc

Right Contemplation, Etc
Everything that makes you, you, is the result of your Environment (Society, Culture, Family, Friends, Etc), Genetics/Biology (Your brain which makes the mind possible, Inborn diseases such as Down Syndrome, or even Psociopathy, etc), Thoughts (Everything you think affects your mind, and the person you are), Speech (Same as thoughts, but words affect your environment as well), Actions (Same as Speech), and the Elements (Earth, Water, Fire, Wind, Space, and Time).
David2

Re: Translation Request

Post by David2 »

Right view - samma ditthi
right thought - samma sankappa
right speech - samma vaca
right action - samma kammanta
right livelihood - samma ajiva
right effort - samma vayama
right mindfulness - samma sati
right concentration - samma samadhi

I'm not quite sure about the rest of the translation though. Maybe someone else can complete it.
Truth_Seeker1989

Post by Truth_Seeker1989 »

Thank you. But for those in particular, I was hoping for someone to break down the pronunciation, because I found the translation for those, but no break down, and I want to say it correctly in my mantra practice.
Everything that makes you, you, is the result of your Environment (Society, Culture, Family, Friends, Etc), Genetics/Biology (Your brain which makes the mind possible, Inborn diseases such as Down Syndrome, or even Psociopathy, etc), Thoughts (Everything you think affects your mind, and the person you are), Speech (Same as thoughts, but words affect your environment as well), Actions (Same as Speech), and the Elements (Earth, Water, Fire, Wind, Space, and Time).
UhBaUnTaUh

Post by UhBaUnTaUh »

thank you : http://www.tuninst.net/Romabama/Pal-Gram/Pali-wiki/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://audiofiles.palungjit.com/attachm ... mentid=459" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -> Thank you : palungjit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyp_euqJKQk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And download sounds under this reply.
Parking this account.

I have been moved to another account.