my radical new insight :)

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Hanzze

Re: my radical new insight :)

Post by Hanzze »

I guess it does not make much sence of keeping watching anicca as long as it is fabricated, what does not mean that it can be good to watch for it, again and again. "This is not"and let go "This is not" and let go.

With a anicca perception we will not easily be able to observe it.
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

ohnofabrications wrote:Hi tilt, if you understand what I am saying and object, please explain instead of hiding behind vague phrases that only serve to assert that you know more. If you do not, but wish to, keep seeing annicca. If you don't, and don't wish to, please continue as you are.
  • If I stood still, I sank; If I struggled, I was carried away.
    Thus by neither standing still nor struggling, I crossed the flood.
    SN 1 1
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Ben

Post by Ben »

ohnofabrications wrote:Hi tilt, if you understand what I am saying and object, please explain instead of hiding behind vague phrases that only serve to assert that you know more. If you do not, but wish to, keep seeing annicca. If you don't, and don't wish to, please continue as you are.
Tilt is giving you excellent advice. Perhaps you need to practice some more and think about some of the things Tilt has said to you.
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
DAWN

Post by DAWN »

Whool Rahula Samyutta (SN 17) is about anicca.
http://www.metta.lk/tipitaka/2Sutta-Pit ... ggo-e.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SN 17.3
Consciousness

I heard thus. At one time the Blessed One was living in the monastery offered by Anàthapiõóika in Jeta's grove in Sàvatthi.
Then venerable Ràhula approached the Blessed One worshipped and sat on a side.
Sitting on a side venerable Ràhula said to the Blessed One: ßVenerable sir, Blessed One, may I be taught so that I would withdraw and seclude and abide diligent and zealous to dispel.û

Ràhula, is eye-consciousness permanent or impermanent?û
It's impermanent, venerable sir.û
That which is impermanent is it unpleasant or pleasant?û
It's unpleasant, venerable sir.û
That which is impermanent, unpleasant, a changing thing is it suitable to be considered `that is mine, I am that, it's my self?'û
That is not so, venerable sir.û

Ràhula, is ear-consciousnes ... re ...
... re ... nose-consciousness ... re ...
... re ... tongue-consciousness ... re ...
... re ... body-consciousness ... re ...
... re ... mind-consciousness permanent or impermanent?û
It's impermanent, venerable sir.û
That which is impermanent is it unpleasant or pleasant?û
It's unpleasant, venerable sir.û
That which is impermanent, unpleasant, a changing thing is it suitable to be considered `that is mine, I am that, it's my self?'û
That is not so, venerable sir.û

Ràhula, the noble disciple seeing it thus, turns away from eye-consciosness, turns away from ear-consciosness, turns away from nose-consciosness, turns away from tongue-consciosness, turns away from body-consciosness and turns away from mind-consciosness.

Turning away detaches himself, is dispassionate and is released. Released, knowledge arises, `Birth is destroyed, the holy life is lived, duties are done, there's nothing more to wish'.û

tiltbillings wrote:
  • If I stood still, I sank; If I struggled, I was carried away.
    Thus by neither standing still nor struggling, I crossed the flood.
    SN 1 1
Love this sutta.
Sabbe dhamma anatta
We are not concurents...
I'am sorry for my english
SamKR

Post by SamKR »

Hanzze wrote:I guess it does not make much sence of keeping watching anicca as long as it is fabricated, what does not mean that it can be good to watch for it, again and again. "This is not"and let go "This is not" and let go.

With a anicca perception we will not easily be able to observe it.
I do not quite understand what you said above. Could you explain a bit more, or say in different words, if possible.
Thanks.
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

Anicca is not a useful object of meditation as long it is not seen as it really is but just a perception. That could easy lead to ramdom, a very long random.
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
SamKR

Post by SamKR »

Hanzze wrote:Anicca is not a useful object of meditation as long it is not seen as it really is but just a perception.
I disagree. Anicca is always a useful object of meditation no matter what, and to see anicca is to see phenomenon as it really is. Of course, the depth or degree of anicca perception may be different for different people of different insights.
"And what is the perception of inconstancy? There is the case where a monk — having gone to the wilderness, to the shade of a tree, or to an empty building — reflects thus: 'Form is inconstant, feeling is inconstant, perception is inconstant, fabrications are inconstant, consciousness is inconstant.' Thus he remains focused on inconstancy with regard to the five clinging-aggregates. This, Ananda, is called the perception of inconstancy.
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .than.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

Yes, good if known that it is a perception and,

"There is the case where a monk — having gone to the wilderness, to the shade of a tree, or to an empty building..."

And at least, he knows or remembers: "this is called the perception of inconstancy"

Over all a good valve, as long as this fabrication is know as fabricated.
Just that! *smile*

equilibrium

Post by equilibrium »

ohnofabrications
"deathless" is when one realized that there is no death!

There is a difference between a dream world and the real world.
DAWN

Post by DAWN »

equilibrium wrote:ohnofabrications
"deathless" is when one realized that there is no death!

There is a difference between a dream world and the real world.
There is no death and no birth in that ohnofabrications was discover.
Sabbe dhamma anatta
We are not concurents...
I'am sorry for my english
ohnofabrications

Post by ohnofabrications »

look at all this consciousness... how conscious it all is!