ITS A GIRL!!!

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Ben

ITS A GIRL!!!

Post by Ben »

Born this morning.
rosie 24 9 12 1.jpg
rosie 24 9 12 1.jpg (115.74 KiB) Viewed 2703 times
Rosie (Rosalind) the Red Roen Clydesdale.
Mare and foal doing well.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
tiltbillings

Re: ITS A GIRL!!!

Post by tiltbillings »

Ben wrote:Born this morning.
rosie 24 9 12 1.jpg
Rosie (Rosalind) the Red Roen Clydesdale.
Mare and foal doing well.
I want one. And how's her other mother doing.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Ben

Post by Ben »

Yes, you can have one Tilt, but you'll have to come here to collect!
Her "other mother" is...ecstatic.
I'll provide more photos later.
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”

- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

:smile:

Is to have a girl good in regard of horses? Or is she a donkey? (sorry if this questions are irritating, dont know much about those animals)
Last edited by Hanzze on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
cooran

Post by cooran »

Congratulations!! - does this mean you are a foster uncle? :tongue:
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Ben

Post by Ben »

Thanks Chris.
I don't know what it makes me.
Its getting a bit ridiculous now; the menagerie consists of five horses, two dogs and two cats.
And there's an eclectus parrot at my mother-in-law's on the mainland that we can't bring to Tasmania.
I think I need to get another job so we can feed everyone.
There's not much money but there's lots of love to go around.
Anyway, I better skeddadle back to work.
kind regards,

Ben

- Sutta Nipata 3.725

tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Ben wrote:Yes, you can have one Tilt, but you'll have to come here to collect!
kind regards,

Ben
Tell her congrats from me. Life sometimes is quite good. Thanks.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hanzze wrote::smile:

Is to have a girl good in regard of horses? Or is she a donkey? (sorry if this questions are irritating, dont know much about those animals)
Hi Hanzze,

No, she's definitely not a donkey. She is the same as her mother, a Red Roen Clydesdale. The Red Roen is the strawberry/red and white mottled coat.
We're just happy that the foal is alive and well as it was one month overdue. Personally, I would have preferred a male but - it doesn't really matter.
kind regards,

Ben

- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Ben

Post by Ben »

tiltbillings wrote:
Ben wrote:Yes, you can have one Tilt, but you'll have to come here to collect!
kind regards,

Ben
Tell her congrats from me. Life sometimes is quite good. Thanks.
You are welcome, my friend.

I'll make sure she reads the messages here tonight after she gets in from work and visiting the foal again.
kind regards,

Ben

- Sutta Nipata 3.725

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:clap:

Congratulations!
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

A nice Jataka Story: KUṆḌAKA-KUCCHI-SINDHAVA-JĀTAKA., where Sariputta was the Foal.

Ben, sorry for my ignorance in regard of names. Clydesdale is translated "Brauereipferd" which means brewery-horse, so its a strong working race horse.
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Hanzze wrote: Clydesdale is translated "Brauereipferd" which means brewery-horse, so its a strong working race horse.
That is accutrate, but probably not a race horse, but a draft horse for pulling large wagons and plows and such.

plwk

Post by plwk »

Beware Ben...the young one is vulnerable to recruitment into the lolcat cult by yr cats...
Ben

Post by Ben »

Plwk -
As my kids would say "thanks for the LOLs!!"
Its too late. The cats are the mafia that run this household.

Hannze,
Yes, as Tilt said, a Clydesdale is also known as 'draught horse' and 'shire horse'.
Traditionally, they were work horses pulling ploughs and heavily laden carts.
No doubt, used by lots of breweries.
Anyway, here are some more of the wee horsey.
One with its mother, Heidi and one shortly after it was born.
Rosie 24 9 12 2.jpg
Rosie 24 9 12 2.jpg (123.83 KiB) Viewed 2639 times
Rosie 24 9 12 3.jpg
Rosie 24 9 12 3.jpg (121.59 KiB) Viewed 2639 times

- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Ben

Post by Ben »

And here's another photo from later today.
Rosie 24 9 12 4.jpg
Rosie 24 9 12 4.jpg (113.67 KiB) Viewed 2625 times

- Sutta Nipata 3.725