General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.

Postby Jarmika » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:04 am

Paul Davy

Postby Paul Davy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:20 am

Greetings Jarmika,

That's good advice. Maybe if I had, I wouldn't have been awake from midnight until 3am last night! Too many things on my mind... I'm moving house this weekend.

Retro. :)
“I hope, Anuruddha, that you are all living in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.” (MN 31)

What is the final conviction that comes when radical attention is razor-edge sharp? That the object of the mind is mind-made (manomaya). (Ven. Ñāṇananda)

Dharma Paths Practice Community

Postby Hanzze » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:22 am

Thanks for sharing the great message (incl. a picture). Hopefully I get not to much attached to the picture so that it would disturb my evening meditation. So holy. :tongue:
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step"

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_

Postby xtracorrupt » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:15 am

Always try and meditate, always try and keep a wholesome mind
theres is no need for needing

Postby acinteyyo » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:39 pm

No, try not! Do or do not! There is non try. - Yoda
Pubbe cāhaṃ bhikkhave, etarahi ca dukkhañceva paññāpemi, dukkhassa ca nirodhaṃ. (M 22)

Return to “Theravada Meditation”