Glad to Be Here

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
EightWheel

Glad to Be Here

Post by EightWheel »

Hello, I am very glad to become a member of the forums. During my life, just like everyone, I have experienced periods of profound psychological suffering. Little did I know that suffering became my guru. At first I saw them as emotions which arose for no reason. I was the person who looked at the moon and said, "look at the light that's coming from it". But later I realized that it was a way of thinking I engaged in that produced suffering. I became the person who said, "Ahah! There is light from the moon but it comes from the sun!" I came to this forum to be a positive contibutor. My guru (suffering) also "pointed out to me" tat thoughts are very powerful. Because even something complex like a watch, requires thoughts to make it into action.

I do a type of vipassana meditation where I am aware but when I witness negative thoughts, I morph them in a way to produce positive emotion. I like to squint at the snake in the dark and see the rope.

Overall I hope to be a positive contributor to this forum. May peace be unto you. :anjali:
The mind is the creator sustainer of both bliss and suffering. Why not fixate on bliss?
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Glad to Be Here

Post by DNS »

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha1:
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Welcome EightWheel!

:hello:

:anjali:
Mike
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome EightWheel!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Welcome to DW EightWheel! :group:
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com
cooran

Post by cooran »

Good to have you here EightWheel! :group:

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---