Farmer Eaten By His Pigs !!

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
yawares

Re: Farmer Eaten By His Pigs !!

Post by yawares »

Ben wrote:
yawares wrote:
Ben wrote:Hi Yawares,
I was being silly...
The artichoke plantation is a very large vegetable garden which I am in the middle of preparing for summer. It still has some vegetables that have not been harvested since last summer including celery, asparagus and two globe artichoke plants. I also have some potatoes that are coming back.
kind regards,

Ben
Dear Ben,
I'm so happy that there are no pigs in your garden...they might eat everything there!
yawares :smile:
No pigs. But in the past I did have chickens and the neighbour's turkeys - and they ate nearly everything.
And we also get possums raiding the garden as well.

Dear Ben,
No wonder why fruits/vegetables are so expensive...Once I flew Thai flight to Sydney...I served Thai fruits to first class passengers, and an Australian guy loved Thai Noi-Na( Sugar-Apple fruits) very much ...he said he wish he could grow this Noi-Na plants in his orchard.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v ... Q5s3jI23x8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have you ever seen these fruits....sweet/yummy!! :thumbsup:
yawares
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

yawares wrote:
Cittasanto wrote:hi yawares
what is SD/JTN?
Dear Cittasanto,
SD = sariputtadhamma discussion group, JTN = Journey To Nibbana also dhamma discussion group.. both groups run by Tep and Dr.Han tun with me as a moderator ....very small groups but we're happy.
yawares
:clap: :twothumbsup: :anjali:
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Yawares,

Yeah, we know them as Custard Apples and they're grown in Northern New South Wales and in parts of Queensland.
The first time I tried one was when I was at Youth Hostel at Murwillumbah nearly thirty years ago - they're amazing!
Where I live its too cold for custard apples though Tasmania is famous as the "Apple Island". Where I work I have planted a small orchard of apples, peaches, cherries, apricots, nectarines and I have a stand of raspberry canes. The trees are still too young to produce any fruit yet but will in a few more years.
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
yawares

Post by yawares »

Ben wrote:Hi Yawares,

Yeah, we know them as Custard Apples and they're grown in Northern New South Wales and in parts of Queensland.
The first time I tried one was when I was at Youth Hostel at Murwillumbah nearly thirty years ago - they're amazing!
Where I live its too cold for custard apples though Tasmania is famous as the "Apple Island". Where I work I have planted a small orchard of apples, peaches, cherries, apricots, nectarines and I have a stand of raspberry canes. The trees are still too young to produce any fruit yet but will in a few more years.
kind regards,

Ben
Dear Ben,

Your Apple Island sounds so nice/pretty...so I yahoo search the pictures :

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... +australia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
--------
Also find this nice picture:

Apple Rock on the south island of New Zealand
http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v ... Q5s3jI23x8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
---------
And Apple Islands in USA :
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... ple+island" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wish your plants are super fruitful,
yawares
yawares

Post by yawares »

Cittasanto wrote:
yawares wrote:
Cittasanto wrote:hi yawares
what is SD/JTN?
Dear Cittasanto,
SD = sariputtadhamma discussion group, JTN = Journey To Nibbana also dhamma discussion group.. both groups run by Tep and Dr.Han tun with me as a moderator ....very small groups but we're happy.
yawares
:clap: :twothumbsup: :anjali:
Dear Cittasanto.. :thanks: and :anjali:
yawares
yawares

Post by yawares »

Dear Members,
Today I found this horrible old news about the Canadian pig farmer "serial killer": :shock:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... r+arrested" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pig farmer from Canada denies murders
[Posted by Criminal Profiling Staff on: Tuesday 31 January 2006 ]

A Canadian pig farmer accused of being the country's worst serial killer has pleaded not guilty to the murder of 27 women sex workers and drug addicts.

Robert Pickton is accused of killing the women over a 25-year period.
Mr Pickton, 56, was arrested four years ago when dozens of police swept onto his farm in the suburbs of Vancouver.
Investigators, searching for evidence in the cases of 60-70 sex workers missing from the area, spent months sifting the soil on the farm.
Police say they have found the DNA of at least 31 of the missing Vancouver women at the farm, and evidence to prosecute 27 of the cases.

One of the 27 has still not been identified.

The police have been criticised for not taking the disappearances very seriously at first, but now there is no question that this is a major case, the BBC's Ian Gunn in Vancouver says.

Since the arrest of Mr Pickton in 2002, the scale of the case has slowly grown, following a painstaking and lengthy search of the land and farm buildings.

The trial began in a small suburban courthouse in New Westminster, British Columbia, crowded with the family and friends of the victims, most of whom were native Indians.
---------
:shock: Terrible pig farmer! :shock:
yawares