YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

Trying to find a certain sutta - Dhamma Wheel

Trying to find a certain sutta

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Tom

Trying to find a certain sutta

Postby Tom » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:11 am

"When the letters are wrongly pronounced and there is wrong interpretation of their meaning. For when the pronunciation is wrong, the interpretation will also be wrong". On the dhammawheel.com forum someone said that this comes from "A.I,59". However, I didn't seem to find the full sutta this may come from anywhere online. If anyone can help me I'd very much appreciate it.
Last edited by Tom on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

daverupa

Re: Trying to find a certain sutta

Postby daverupa » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:54 am

Odd; as far as I can ascertain, :

"Monks, these two are fools. Which two? The one who doesn't see his transgression as a transgression, and the one who doesn't rightfully pardon another who has confessed his transgression. These two are fools.

"These two are wise people. Which two? The one who sees his transgression as a transgression, and the one who rightfully pardons another who has confessed his transgression. These two are wise people."

Alex123

Postby Alex123 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:57 am

"Life is a struggle. Life will throw curveballs at you, it will humble you, it will attempt to break you down. And just when you think things are starting to look up, life will smack you back down with ruthless indifference..."

mikenz66

Postby mikenz66 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:40 am

Tom

Postby Tom » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:24 am

Thank you all, however I think Alex may have found what I was looking for. What the person I referred to attributed to "A i 59", doesn't seem to match what you provided.

Return to “General Theravāda discussion”