outbox

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
Lombardi4

outbox

Post by Lombardi4 »

I tried to send a PM but the message is still in the Outbox folder, not in the 'Sent messages' folder. Does it mean it has not been sent?
DNS
Site Admin

Re: outbox

Post by DNS »

Hi Stefan,

It stays in the outbox for a few hours or even a day and then later automatically goes to the sent box.

Don't delete the message! I found out the hard way, if you send a message and then delete it, the recipient won't receive it. You need to wait until they reply before deleting it. It is not like our off-list e-mails where you can delete it and it still goes to the recipient.
Lombardi4

Post by Lombardi4 »

TheDhamma wrote:Hi Stefan,

It stays in the outbox for a few hours or even a day and then later automatically goes to the sent box.

Don't delete the message! I found out the hard way, if you send a message and then delete it, the recipient won't receive it. You need to wait until they reply before deleting it. It is not like our off-list e-mails where you can delete it and it still goes to the recipient.
Thank you, but has the message been sent when I clicked submit, or is it sent after it goes from the outbox folder to the 'sent messages' folder?
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Stefan wrote: Thank you, but has the message been sent when I clicked submit, or is it sent after it goes from the outbox folder to the 'sent messages' folder?
I think it is sent immediately when you click submit, unless you delete it before they see it, then apparently it deletes it from their inbox too (unless they have seen it before you delete it).
Lombardi4

Post by Lombardi4 »

TheDhamma wrote:
Stefan wrote: Thank you, but has the message been sent when I clicked submit, or is it sent after it goes from the outbox folder to the 'sent messages' folder?
I think it is sent immediately when you click submit, unless you delete it before they see it, then apparently it deletes it from their inbox too (unless they have seen it before you delete it).
OK, thanks.
acinteyyo

Post by acinteyyo »

Hi Stefan,
The message stays in the outbox till the recipient reads the message. When the recipient opened the message it goes to the sentbox at your account.
Thag 1.20. Ajita - I do not fear death; nor do I long for life. I’ll lay down this body, aware and mindful.
Lombardi4

Post by Lombardi4 »

acinteyyo wrote:Hi Stefan,
The message stays in the outbox till the recipient reads the message. When the recipient opened the message it goes to the sentbox at your account.
OK, thanks.