McFly

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Cittasanto

McFly

Post by Cittasanto »

Did You Know
545471_509102829101430_1906201284_n.jpg
545471_509102829101430_1906201284_n.jpg (55.7 KiB) Viewed 2045 times
Who saw this coming?
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
yawares

Re: McFly

Post by yawares »

Cittasanto wrote:Did You Know
545471_509102829101430_1906201284_n.jpg
Who saw this coming?
Dear Cittasanto,

I don't know McFly..but I know " E.T. Phone Home "/ "Time Machine"...amazing movies!! :thumbsup:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... errestrial" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... gac&sado=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yawares :thumbsup:
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

I guess now they will have to change the title to "Back to the Past". Not quite as catchy.
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
Monkey Mind

Post by Monkey Mind »

He also travelled to 2015 in one of the movies, so it proves the Mayan calendar stuff was wrong...
"As I am, so are others;
as others are, so am I."
Having thus identified self and others,
harm no one nor have them harmed.

Sutta Nipāta 3.710
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Monkey Mind wrote:He also travelled to 2015 in one of the movies, so it proves the Mayan calendar stuff was wrong...
it was this one used above :) someone tampered with the date and the flux capacitor can go for a sequel now :D

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

http://thewall.com.au/topics/79050-hey- ... -day-marty" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hey, did you know that today is the day Marty McFly and Doc Brown were fictional characters and time travel does not exist and shut up?
:anjali:
Mike
SDC

Post by SDC »

I still don't have a hover board. :x
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
James the Giant

Post by James the Giant »

No Mr Fusion either. That would be handy.
I remember seeing that when it came out, and thinking WOW the future is AWESOME, and now here I am, 2012, and it's just the same.

Oh wait, it's a photoshopped HOAX?! Dammnit, three more years.
Then,
saturated with joy,
you will put an end to suffering and stress.
SN 9.11
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

mikenz66 wrote:http://thewall.com.au/topics/79050-hey- ... -day-marty
Hey, did you know that today is the day Marty McFly and Doc Brown were fictional characters and time travel does not exist and shut up?
Mike
and did you hear of something being for a laugh?
but fiction or not they are apparently making a third instalment.

John Stuart Mill
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

SDC wrote:I still don't have a hover board. :x
I saw somewhere they where trying to make one!
but I am waiting for a flux capacitor and Docs cool glasses & hair-cut.

John Stuart Mill
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
I heard a Seth Sentry song complaining about just that very thing on the radio the other day. Quite funny.

I don't tend to like Aussie hip-hop, but Seth Sentry is actually quite good.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Hi Chittasanto,
Cittasanto wrote:
mikenz66 wrote:http://thewall.com.au/topics/79050-hey- ... -day-marty
Mike
and did you hear of something being for a laugh?
Sure, I loved those movies. I remember seeing the first one when it came out. I was just quoting the "bah humbug"-style message from that site... :jumping:
Cittasanto wrote: but fiction or not they are apparently making a third instalment.
There are already three movies. Do you mean a fourth?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_to_th ... anchise%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

mikenz66 wrote:Hi Chittasanto,
Cittasanto wrote: and did you hear of something being for a laugh?
Sure, I loved those movies. I remember seeing the first one when it came out. I was just quoting the "bah humbug"-style message from that site... :jumping:
we need face palm emoticon :P
Cittasanto wrote: but fiction or not they are apparently making a third instalment.
There are already three movies. Do you mean a fourth?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_to_th ... anchise%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike
yeah, I saw a comercial thing (nothing but MJ Fox (now not then) and the delorian) so probably nothing but a tease?? and heard a couple of years ago that it is planned (as is the next ghost buster film

John Stuart Mill
SDC

Post by SDC »

James the Giant wrote:I remember seeing that when it came out, and thinking WOW the future is AWESOME, and now here I am, 2012, and it's just the same.
Same here.
Cittasanto wrote:
I saw somewhere they where trying to make one!
but I am waiting for a flux capacitor and Docs cool glasses & hair-cut.
Indeed. That white hair was killer.
retrofuturist wrote:Greetings,
I heard a Seth Sentry song complaining about just that very thing on the radio the other day. Quite funny.

I don't tend to like Aussie hip-hop, but Seth Sentry is actually quite good.

Metta,
Retro. :)
Yes! Nice!
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
poto

Post by poto »

Yeah, no hover board yet, but there is a hover bike in the works:
http://www.hover-bike.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James the Giant wrote:No Mr Fusion either. That would be handy.
LENR technology is pretty close to a Mr Fusion. Probably as close as we can realistically get. Still going to be a while before it's mature enough for mass production though.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C. S. Lewis