Flush with the lid down!

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
plwk

Flush with the lid down!

Post by plwk »

Kim OHara

Re: Flush with the lid down!

Post by Kim OHara »

Thank you for that, plwk ... I think.

:o
Kim
Ben

Post by Ben »

I can only imagine the tasty visual morsel that plwk has served up for us.
I guess I'll find out when I go home tomorrow to an internet connection that is not mediated via carrier pidgeon..
kind regards,

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Oh, crap!!!
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
cooran

Post by cooran »

Un-holy Sh-t!!!!
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Our tiolets are separate, in a room next to the shower and sink bathroom...

and folks, don't get too paranoid. We are all have some pretty good immunity to the germs we are used to.

That's why we get diarrhea much more easily when we travel--our immunity system is not familiar with the germs that are prevalent there and who the local folks can deal with through having been exposed.

Sort of like the Native Americans dying from usually harmless European children diseases, when they first came in contact with them.

And even if you had germs on your toothbrush--you put toothpaste on, which kills most of them, and you don't just lick the brush off and swallow, and so forth...

what matters is the amount of germs. With a smaller quantity, we can build up more immunity, while our body kills them, with a large amount, we go into a cleaning process such as diarrhea, to remove the excess.

If we're never getting in contact with any germs, due to too much desinfection, it's actually bad for a healthy individual's immune system, as it needs to have challenges and "training units", to stay in good shape.

Theory goes, that if the immunity system is being underchallenged, by too much desinfection, it still wants to play with something and then picks pollen and other things instead, to play war with them.

Everything in our body has a purpose and needs to be occupied and "entertained", if you will, with "duties".

Quite like the sex drive.

Even if there is no partner around to make babies with, it still wants to do it's thing and keeps nagging to the mind.

...Don't do enough sports and lie around all day and your heart muscle will lose ONE THIRD of it's size after a few days of laying around.

That's why people get mobilized as soon as possible after ops.

Could go on but you're probably bored by now or thinking about how to contradict me, so I will stop. ;)
BubbaBuddhist

Post by BubbaBuddhist »

When I was a wee lad, we wallowed in the dirt and mud. Later our moms hosed us off in the yard before allowing us inside. As it turns out, soil has millions of beneficial bacterial that fights malicious germs. Also boosts the immune system. Parents today keep their kids in sterile environments and the little rugrats stay sick it seems . My immune system is like iron, I hardly ever catch anything, and when I do it's gone in a couple of days. Thanks Mom, for letting me eat mudpies.

BB
Author of Redneck Buddhism: or Will You Reincarnate as Your Own Cousin?
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Same here....sait in the rain in puddles and played with the mud... :D
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

sat... :roll: