Dubya's amazing conversion!

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Dan74

Dubya's amazing conversion!

Post by Dan74 »

Sorry folks, sounds like he's gone Vajrayana...

George W. Bush Returns To America After Spending 4 Years In The Himalayas

September 25, 2012

JACKSONVILLE, FL—Garbed in unwashed robes and wearing a long, gray, wispy beard, former president George W. Bush returned to the United States this morning after spending four years on a spiritual journey in the Himalayas.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/george ... /?ref=auto
_/|\_
Ben

Re: Dubya's amazing conversion!

Post by Ben »

He actually looks afghani in that photo.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

I had always suspected he had Taliban roots. Family quarrels are the worst, they say! On the other hand there is the reptilian hypothesis, which is equally compelling.
_/|\_
Ben

Post by Ben »

Dan74 wrote:I had always suspected he had Taliban roots. Family quarrels are the worst, they say! On the other hand there is the reptilian hypothesis, which is equally compelling.
Even though I do not like emoticons, this is one appears appropriate:

:jumping:

Now I'll go back to being dour.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

The reptilian hypothesis?

The Onion rules!!! :)
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

Modus.Ponens wrote:The reptilian hypothesis?

David Icke beleives that reptiles from another dimension are controlling human society. Lots on youtube and still not as scary as someone like bush having been elected president by a presumably mostly sane population.
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

I thought there was precedence to this (one of the funniest things I ever heard; he owned Donald Rumsfeld):

'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

:clap: thats hilarious

and he never denied it :)
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

He managed to ask Donald Rumsfeld if he ever ate mexican babies in a way that Rumsfeld couldn't explode in (lizard) anger.

Louis CK is the man!