About Forgivness

A forum for beginners and members of other Buddhist traditions to ask questions about Theravāda (The Way of the Elders). Responses require moderator approval before they are visible in order to double-check alignment to Theravāda orthodoxy.
villkorkarma

About Forgivness

Post by villkorkarma »

Hello
My problem is that i have still much anger in my mind.'
How can I change my perception to see that it wasnt his choice to misstreet me?
All beings willl have suffer equally eventually.

That is because I ve been victim for fysical violent actions I know that I ve done my best but how do to that the other persons have tried their best? My anger is on universurse also because;

another questions
person a always talk a lot and have reach the same stage as one that doesnt speak much, is that possible? This is all i can ask about now
I hope to get rid of my anger on universe, is it possible that it takes a hole life to reach almoust totally right perception for one and 40 years for another one?
If its wrong to talk a lot empty talk, cant this person that talk alot understand that he or she isnt almoust to anyones benefit or understand that he or she has done mistake and wants to practice another way thats benefiting other much better? I know that i have done my best cant he or she feel like he or she has done something very wrong and also comes to the conclution of the other way to practice?
How will I know its just a mistake he or she felt that he or she have done while not practice with biggenerating of benefits by he or she´s practice?

How much benefit must my and others practice generate for reach the goal?
one suffer because one hasnt existed long : )
Yana

Re: About Forgivness

Post by Yana »

Hi Villkorkarma,

Anger is hard.
But Don't worry.

Create Good Kamma by being patient and loving not Angry.

:anjali:
Life is preparing for Death
Reductor

Post by Reductor »

Hello villkorkarma,

In my life I've suffered, and I perceive that I didn't get the best from any of my family members when growing up. Seldom did I have any close friend. Often I was picked on, and several times I was physically assaulted while at school or at the neighbourhood park. Looking back on life, it would be easy for me to be very angry.

Yet there isn't that much anger there. Some, I don't deny, but only some. Considering the anger issues of my mother, brothers and sister, I'm very, very calm.

I think the reason for this lack of anger stems from the role I had in my family: I was the listener. Every member of my family confided in me their thoughts and feelings, because I would listen. From listening I learned that everyone of them felt like they had been wronged. Over the years each has expressed a desire to be better, to be happy. Each member of my family has expressed confusion on how to be happy. They simply don't know how to live well. Not knowing how to live well, they live poorly and come into conflict with others. Not knowing how to live well they grasp after those fleeting sources of pleasure that come their way, even when they come at the expense of others.

Knowing that they have all wanted to be better, have thought of how to be better, but have not yet learned to be better, makes me feel sympathy for them. As the years have passed by my sympathy has deepened, and I've come to see that other people are like them, and like myself: trying to find better ways to be happy, but constantly being confused.

So, maybe you should not look at those people that have done you wrong. Instead look at those who have wrong other people and not you. Look at them, learn of them, see if you don't see what I've seen: that they do wrong because they are confused about what will make them happy.

If you see it often in those that you are willing to forgive, perhaps you'll come to see it in those that you are not ready to forgive. If that happens, maybe you will actually forgive them.

But however things turn out for you and your anger, I wish you the best.

:heart:
cooran

Post by cooran »

Hello all,

This might be of interest:

Reconciliation, Right & Wrong by Thanissaro Bhikkhu
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/auth ... ation.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

Hm.. I feel after I read by the bikkhu and the other text from the listener that I have been sucessfull, there nothing more to ad.
I want to share something I readed earlier today in my book a course in miracles that is to big help for me:

this text is from masters in heaven:
every action during on earth by peolpe we forgive them directly because we can se theirs sinlessness.
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

Do you think sometimes that sex takes away the forgivnessprocess?
I think its great but after the energy is gone from my body.