Why we ALL have psychic powers...

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Kusala

Why we ALL have psychic powers...

Post by Kusala »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... think.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"He, the Blessed One, is indeed the Noble Lord, the Perfectly Enlightened One;
He is impeccable in conduct and understanding, the Serene One, the Knower of the Worlds;
He trains perfectly those who wish to be trained; he is Teacher of gods and men; he is Awake and Holy. "

--------------------------------------------
"The Dhamma is well-expounded by the Blessed One,
Apparent here and now, timeless, encouraging investigation,
Leading to liberation, to be experienced individually by the wise. "
Yana

Re: Why we ALL have psychic powers...

Post by Yana »

Hi Kusala,

I think psychic phenomenons are more common than people think. I always hear similar stories from friends and families. My mother for example always knows when i will fall ill a day before it happens. And you can call it strong maternal instincts or psychic powers.Mothers also have a knack of figuring out things like the pack of cigarettes your trying to hide.Now i don't know if their just intuitive but i could have sworn that woman has eyes at the back her head!

Telepathy is also quite common as i have had a few experience of my friends understanding my thoughts or guessing what i was thinking about however random it might be.

At work my coworkers share stories of how they have had recurring dreams that came true.

so, i think it's hard to ignore the fact that a lot of people experience some form of psychic phenomenon.I think the issue with psychic phenomenon is most people think it is rare and some don't accept it.When in truth it's just a normal part of our lives.

Why some people seem to be more psychic than others i have no idea.My guess is in dangerous environments you are forced to develop and sharpen your intuition making you more intuitive than others.And using your untapped mental capabilities.

But at the end of the day psychic phenomenon is just a normal occurrence that i think should not be denied nor worshiped.

That's just what i think.

:anjali:
Life is preparing for Death
BubbaBuddhist

Post by BubbaBuddhist »

Does Psi Exist?
Replicable Evidence for an Anomalous Process of Information Transfer
Daryl J. Bem and Charles Honorton
Abstract
Most academic psychologists do not yet accept the existence of psi, anomalous processes of information or energy transfer (such as telepathy or other forms of extrasensory perception) that are currently unexplained in terms of known physical or biological mechanisms. We believe that the replication rates and effect sizes achieved by one particular experimental method, the ganzfeld procedure, are now sufficient to warrant bringing this body of data to the attention of the wider psychological community. Competing meta-analyses of the ganzfeld database are reviewed, 1 by R. Hyman (1985), a skeptical critic of psi research, and the other by C. Honorton (1985), a parapsychologist and major contributor to the ganzfeld database. Next the results of 11 new ganzfeld studies that comply with guidelines jointly authored by R. Hyman and C. Honorton (1986) are summarized. Finally, issues of replication and theoretical explanation are discussed.
http://www.dina.dk/~abraham/psy1.html

BB
Author of Redneck Buddhism: or Will You Reincarnate as Your Own Cousin?
Kusala

Post by Kusala »

Yana wrote:Hi Kusala,

I think psychic phenomenons are more common than people think. I always hear similar stories from friends and families. My mother for example always knows when i will fall ill a day before it happens. And you can call it strong maternal instincts or psychic powers.Mothers also have a knack of figuring out things like the pack of cigarettes your trying to hide.Now i don't know if their just intuitive but i could have sworn that woman has eyes at the back her head!

Telepathy is also quite common as i have had a few experience of my friends understanding my thoughts or guessing what i was thinking about however random it might be.

At work my coworkers share stories of how they have had recurring dreams that came true.

so, i think it's hard to ignore the fact that a lot of people experience some form of psychic phenomenon.I think the issue with psychic phenomenon is most people think it is rare and some don't accept it.When in truth it's just a normal part of our lives.

Why some people seem to be more psychic than others i have no idea.My guess is in dangerous environments you are forced to develop and sharpen your intuition making you more intuitive than others.And using your untapped mental capabilities.

But at the end of the day psychic phenomenon is just a normal occurrence that i think should not be denied nor worshiped.

That's just what i think.

:anjali:
Thanks for sharing. The human mind is amazing...
"He, the Blessed One, is indeed the Noble Lord, the Perfectly Enlightened One;
He is impeccable in conduct and understanding, the Serene One, the Knower of the Worlds;
He trains perfectly those who wish to be trained; he is Teacher of gods and men; he is Awake and Holy. "

--------------------------------------------
"The Dhamma is well-expounded by the Blessed One,
Apparent here and now, timeless, encouraging investigation,
Leading to liberation, to be experienced individually by the wise. "