My opinion on perspective,

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Yana

Re: Why nobody is wrong or right

Post by Yana »

pegembara wrote:So if it is right for a tiger to eat a deer, is it right for it to eat a small child?
Why is a child more important than a deer to us? Because we are naturally attached to it.so we tend to do everything in our power to make sure they are safe.And it is natural for us to be upset and angry when a child is attacked.This is in our nature.Just like to kill and eat is in the tiger's nature.

Even though a child has been attacked and eaten and even though we are in pain and suffering with grief if we look deeply the answer to your question it would be yes,absolutely.Because your question asked "is it right for a tiger" so this is from a tiger's point of view.is it right for a human to have their children eaten by a tiger? the answer would most probably be no". Because our intention is to keep them safe.

Keeping your loved one safe and eating are both wholesome intentions.

However painful it seems from a subjective point of view.

We must remember that Right or Wrong is relative to it's Intentions.
Life is preparing for Death
xtracorrupt

Post by xtracorrupt »

pegembara wrote:So if it is right for a tiger to eat a deer, is it right for it to eat a small child?
This is wrong because is causes suffering/ prevents happiness, unless the deer/human is in a state of which the suffering and future suffering is of greater value then the of its happiness and future happiness, therefore ending its life would not be of ill will, however we must be able of judging so in order to make this decision, but I think we are incapable of doing so.
theres is no need for needing
DAWN

Post by DAWN »

xtracorrupt wrote:
DAWN wrote:Only silence is "right"
How do you know this?
I dont know the silence, it's the silence that know me
Sabbe dhamma anatta
We are not concurents...
I'am sorry for my english
pegembara

Post by pegembara »

tiltbillings wrote:
Right from which frame of reference?
Exactly.
And what is right speech? Abstaining from lying, from divisive speech, from abusive speech, & from idle chatter: This is called right speech.