My opinion on the judgement of karma

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
xtracorrupt

My opinion on the judgement of karma

Post by xtracorrupt »

ask yourself this, will this cause suffering/prevent happiness(bad will/karma) or will this prevent suffering/bring happiness(good will/karma)
Last edited by xtracorrupt on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
theres is no need for needing
Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: How to tell if something is good will/karma or bad will/karm

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Sounds pretty much like the Buddha's Instructions to his 7-year old son at Ambalatthika.

Ambalatthika Rāhulovāda Sutta
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
DAWN

Post by DAWN »

There is no good or bad kamma, there is just kamma (action/interaction).

We do something - it's returns. Like a mirrow.
What we will show to mirrow that will reflect on it

Good or bad is not a quality of kamma, but modification of perception of this kamma, by our personal experiance, by our ego.
Sabbe dhamma anatta
We are not concurents...
I'am sorry for my english
xtracorrupt

Post by xtracorrupt »

DAWN wrote:There is no good or bad kamma, there is just kamma (action/interaction).

Good or bad is not a quality of kamma, but modification of perception of this kamma, by our personal experiance, by our ego.
Yes in this case my judgement of good or bad karma comes from my attachment to happiness and my belief of its central importance.
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

DAWN wrote:There is no good or bad kamma, there is just kamma (action/interaction).
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... tml#part-5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"'Kamma should be known. The cause by which kamma comes into play should be known. The diversity in kamma should be known. The result of kamma should be known. The cessation of kamma should be known. The path of practice for the cessation of kamma should be known.' Thus it has been said. In reference to what was it said?

"Intention, I tell you, is kamma. Intending, one does kamma by way of body, speech, & intellect.
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .than.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Students, beings are owners of kamma, heir to kamma, born of kamma, related through kamma, and have kamma as their arbitrator. Kamma is what creates distinctions among beings in terms of coarseness & refinement."
:anjali:
Mike
xtracorrupt

Post by xtracorrupt »

mikenz66 wrote:
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... tml#part-5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"'Kamma should be known. The cause by which kamma comes into play should be known. The diversity in kamma should be known. The result of kamma should be known. The cessation of kamma should be known. The path of practice for the cessation of kamma should be known.' Thus it has been said. In reference to what was it said?

"Intention, I tell you, is kamma. Intending, one does kamma by way of body, speech, & intellect.
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .than.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Students, beings are owners of kamma, heir to kamma, born of kamma, related through kamma, and have kamma as their arbitrator. Kamma is what creates distinctions among beings in terms of coarseness & refinement."
Mike

Part of what u have said is very similar to what i was thinking about earlier today, I wrote a decent size text on it but i didn't bring it with( ill have it tomorrow), anyway i was thinking of how we should recognize good karma( bringing happiness/preventing suffering) and bad karma ( preventing happiness/ bringing suffering) because it will promote good will! Everytime you do something that brings happiness/prevents suffering i advise you label it as so as to encourage good will.
xtracorrupt

Post by xtracorrupt »

Wow just wow! bravo! :clap: you have understood the working of karma and you are exactly right!

in a world where not everybody is given equal opportunity , why would this be so? unless there is some form of judgement to determine the outcome of someone , but what other basis of judgement would be acceptable other than judging based on happing brought/suffering stopped? as this is rightful intention. Therefore someone's outcome must be the product of what they have done because there is unfairness in this world.

As you are right karma can not have an identity, but labelling can be good as it can promote good will.