Drugs and re-enlightenment?

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
equilibrium

Re: Drugs and re-enlightenment?

Post by equilibrium »

xtracorrupt wrote:after obtaining at least one stage of enlightenment
Can you define this exactly in your own words?
xtracorrupt

Post by xtracorrupt »

equilibrium wrote:
i answered the same question earlier in the thread
theres is no need for needing
CoreyNiles92

Post by CoreyNiles92 »

xtracorrupt wrote:
equilibrium wrote:
i answered the same question earlier in the thread
xtracorrupt, I don't mean to offend you, or to be callous. But I would recommend you seek psychiatric help, you are experiencing delusions from what I've gathered, and they will seem very real to you, but sometimes when you have a large group of people disagreeing with you, there's a reason beyond what you believe to be true.
xtracorrupt

Post by xtracorrupt »

CoreyNiles92 wrote:
equilibrium wrote:

xtracorrupt, I don't mean to offend you, or to be callous. But I would recommend you seek psychiatric help, you are experiencing delusions from what I've gathered, and they will seem very real to you, but sometimes when you have a large group of people disagreeing with you, there's a reason beyond what you believe to be true.
Thank you for worrying, but u are not able of judging whether or not i am deluded, you have judged that what i have said is what I believe, this is not true, it was just a perspective consideration, I made this thread not to make judgements but to gain knowledge, however unfortunately it seems the attachment to the fifth percept/enlightenment of some people has caused ignorance and the inability to consider what I'm saying. Many of you people have made judgements because u have a sense of requiring something, however you people need nothing and i hope instead of breaking your own peace u can learn to just take my perspective into consideration.

I will not ask about what kind of psychiatric help you would advise, because i fear it might re-enforce ignorance.

I apologise for causing any suffering/ignorance/ as I was unaware/ignorant of doing so earlier on

I have also removed a quote because i can only use maximum three
Parth

Post by Parth »

A sotapanna justifying drug addiction, really ?

Dear xtracorroupt, you need help ! By intoxicants, nobody means only alcohol but any intoxicant which somebody takes (solid / liquid / gaseous) This includes something that somebody makes out of ( in future ) metal / wood/ stardust / asteroids / any other conceivable compound or element which may or may not have been discovered as yet.

May you realise your mistake and learn from it, you can correct only when u realise a mistake.

Plus there is nothing like re- enlightenment, you don't fall out of enlightenment !

Metta

Parth
xtracorrupt

Post by xtracorrupt »

parth wrote:A sotapanna justifying drug addiction, really ?

Dear xtracorroupt, you need help ! By intoxicants, nobody means only alcohol but any intoxicant which somebody takes (solid / liquid / gaseous) This includes something that somebody makes out of ( in future ) metal / wood/ stardust / asteroids / any other conceivable compound or element which may or may not have been discovered as yet.

May you realise your mistake and learn from it, you can correct only when u realise a mistake.

Plus there is nothing like re- enlightenment, you don't fall out of enlightenment !

Metta

Parth
no you have misunderstood my message, I'm not trying to justify the need for drugs, I'm trying to justify that their is no need for refusal if able to abolish the ignorance with could cause corrupt information, the ignorance possible in this situation is extremely great and it is very difficult, that is why there is the fifth percept as a guideline to stay away from such lengths

:anjali:

and as to you say that you don' fall out of enlightenment :clap: , i was being ignorant at this point in terms of happiness ignorance( last 5 fetters relation) and you were able to spot this, this should be encourage and i applaud you :clap:
seeker242

Post by seeker242 »

xtracorrupt wrote:does anybody have experience with drugs while having some form of attainment
Yes, when you get an attainment, you stop using drugs like cannabis because there is no longer any need to use them to begin with.
MaybeMonk

Post by MaybeMonk »

Whether we have receptors or Cannabis is labelled "x,y,z" can be an interesting and a stimulating discussion.

But the path the Buddha taught, discernment is the guideline:
- 'Is this skillful?'
- 'Does this lead to wholesome qualities of the mind?'
- 'Is there Lust, Anger, Ignorance?'
- 'Is this the path the Buddha taught?'
- 'Does this path lead out of suffering?'

From my point of view whether legal or illegal, receptors or not, Cannabis has an effect on the mind.

The Buddha taught the path that is practiced here and now. If one is to fully engage in the Buddha's teachings we must try to develop our Mindfulness, Concentration, and Virtue without the use of such substances that produce such an effect on the mind.

Take what you will, leave the rest :candle:

Metta :buddha2:
'Maybe'Monk
xtracorrupt

Post by xtracorrupt »

MaybeMonk wrote:Whether we have receptors or Cannabis is labelled "x,y,z" can be an interesting and a stimulating discussion.

But the path the Buddha taught, discernment is the guideline:
- 'Is this skillful?'
- 'Does this lead to wholesome qualities of the mind?'
- 'Is there Lust, Anger, Ignorance?'
- 'Is this the path the Buddha taught?'
- 'Does this path lead out of suffering?'

From my point of view whether legal or illegal, receptors or not, Cannabis has an effect on the mind.

The Buddha taught the path that is practiced here and now. If one is to fully engage in the Buddha's teachings we must try to develop our Mindfulness, Concentration, and Virtue without the use of such substances that produce such an effect on the mind.

Take what you will, leave the rest :candle:

Metta :buddha2:
'Maybe'Monk
This is very good, questioning your motives in order to promote good will. :clap:

:anjali:
knighter

Post by knighter »

Hello there

Have you heard of the hindi sadhu's maybe you should try that path there all up for smoking copious amounts of Ganja and finding enlightenment.
Be happy
knighter