Pavarana

Buddhist ethical conduct including the Five Precepts (Pañcasikkhāpada), and Eightfold Ethical Conduct (Aṭṭhasīla).
Cittasanto

Pavarana

Postby Cittasanto » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:37 am

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.

Cittasanto

Re: Pavarana

Postby Cittasanto » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:04 pm

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.

theY

Re: Pavarana

Postby theY » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:52 pm

Here is my invite (even though a few days early :lol: )

Dears, I invite the respectable community to speak to me out of compassion regarding what has been seen, heard or suspected regarding any unskilled acts, so that I may see any fault and correct my ways. Please do so either here or in PM as you see appropriate.
Above message maybe out of date. Latest update will be in massage's link.
--------------------------------------------------
Tipitaka memorization is a rule of monks. It isn't just a choice. They must done it.
bahussuto nāma tividho hoti – nissayamuccanako, parisupaṭṭhāpako, bhikkhunovādakoti.

Return to “Sīla”