Perspective consideration/ valuing

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
xtracorrupt

Perspective consideration/ valuing

Post by xtracorrupt »

Every perspective is of equal value, you become attached to a certain perspective when it relates to what u deem necessary in life. This is why happiness over everything perspective is good because it deem's happiness as necessary in life, believing that happiness is a requirement would be the the most beneficial delusion possible if one values happiness as the most important thing.
Last edited by xtracorrupt on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
theres is no need for needing
Cittasanto

Re: Perspective consideration/ valuing

Post by Cittasanto »

xtracorrupt wrote:Every perspective is of equal value, you become attached to a certain perspective when it relates to what u deem necessary in life. This is why happiness over everything perspective is good because it deem's happiness as necessary in life, believing that happiness is a requirement would be the the most beneficial delusion possible if one values happiness as the most important thing.
equal value?
doubt it, some perspectives are simply wrong. a perspective that leads to entanglement is wrong for instance when it comes to the Dhamma.
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
xtracorrupt

Post by xtracorrupt »

Cittasanto wrote:
xtracorrupt wrote:Every perspective is of equal value, you become attached to a certain perspective when it relates to what u deem necessary in life. This is why happiness over everything perspective is good because it deem's happiness as necessary in life, believing that happiness is a requirement would be the the most beneficial delusion possible if one values happiness as the most important thing.
equal value?
doubt it, some perspectives are simply wrong. a perspective that leads to entanglement is wrong for instance when it comes to the Dhamma.
yes similar to what I'm explaining, you value some perspectives over another because you value something, in this case it appears you value the Dhamma, valuing the Dhamma is not a rightful perspective because there is no one to define what is the rightful perspective, however valuing the Dhamma is good( my opinion) because it enforces valuing happiness.

:anjali:
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

xtracorrupt wrote:
Cittasanto wrote:
equal value?
yes similar to what I'm explaining, you value some perspectives over another because you value something, in this case it appears you value the Dhamma, valuing the Dhamma is not a rightful perspective because there is no one to define what is the rightful perspective, however valuing the Dhamma is good( my opinion) because it enforces valuing happiness.

yes and the earth is flat, only 20 years old and made of cheese is equal to the scientific view!

value is in usefulness, not in the view.
and be careful with presuming too much.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
xtracorrupt

Post by xtracorrupt »

Cittasanto wrote:
Cittasanto wrote:
equal value?

yes and the earth is flat, only 20 years old and made of cheese is equal to the scientific view!

value is in usefulness, not in the view.
and be careful with presuming too much.

Be careful, you are becoming ignorant because you do not fully understand right view, one should try and keep a right view that comes as beneficial, believing the earth is flat, 20 years old and made of cheese would cause delusion, one should try and keep a right view that would provide happiness, heres an example which also relates to right view, a crack lady tries to teach you something but you disregard her information because you judge her perspective as less valuable as to others but if you believed that every perspective is equal, you would consider every perspective equally therefore common perspectives would bring knowledge as to the reality of things. A good way of thinking about it would be to try and think democratically, in a society what makes another person's vote more important than another? Nothing because not everybody has agreed on whats right therefore whats rightful can't be defined. However lets say you recognized that more people considered cheese as being cheese as compared to a shoe, the fact the more people share the perspective of cheese being cheese should bring acknowledgement therefore bringing knowledge.

The fact of similarity should be regarded as evidence of connection therefore promoting rightful knowledge,

I might have had a bit of trouble explaining this and i apologize for any delusion my miscommunication might bring.
Last edited by xtracorrupt on Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

xtracorrupt wrote:Be careful, you are becoming ignorant because you do not fully understand right view, one should try and keep a right view that comes as beneficial, believing the earth is flat, 20 years old and made of cheese would cause delusion, one should try and keep a right view that would provide happiness, heres an example which also relates to right view, a crack lady tries to teach you something but you disregard her information because you judge her perspective as less valuable as to others but if you believed that every perspective is equal, you would consider every perspective equally therefore common perspectives would bring knowledge as to the reality of things. A good way of thinking about it would be to try and think democratically, in a society what makes another person's vote more important than another? Nothing because not everybody has agreed on whats right therefore whats rightful can't be defined. However lets say you recognized that more people considered cheese as being cheese as compared to a shoe, the fact the more people share the perspective of cheese being cheese should bring acknowledgement therefore bringing knowledge.
yet by your own words the example is of equal value!

you gave no indication of anything other than equality of worth, no indication of what you have put here. so if you want to be clear initially instead of setting up worthless word plays it would actually be better than you presumptive red herrings.

John Stuart Mill
xtracorrupt

Post by xtracorrupt »

Cittasanto wrote:
xtracorrupt wrote:Be careful, you are becoming ignorant because you do not fully understand right view, one should try and keep a right view that comes as beneficial, believing the earth is flat, 20 years old and made of cheese would cause delusion, one should try and keep a right view that would provide happiness, heres an example which also relates to right view, a crack lady tries to teach you something but you disregard her information because you judge her perspective as less valuable as to others but if you believed that every perspective is equal, you would consider every perspective equally therefore common perspectives would bring knowledge as to the reality of things. A good way of thinking about it would be to try and think democratically, in a society what makes another person's vote more important than another? Nothing because not everybody has agreed on whats right therefore whats rightful can't be defined. However lets say you recognized that more people considered cheese as being cheese as compared to a shoe, the fact the more people share the perspective of cheese being cheese should bring acknowledgement therefore bringing knowledge.

you gave no indication of anything other than equality of worth, no indication of what you have put here. so if you want to be clear initially instead of setting up worthless word plays it would actually be better than you presumptive red herrings.
How are you able to make these statements? Also, Have you considered miscommunication when forming these opinions?
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

xtracorrupt wrote:
Cittasanto wrote:

How are you able to make these statements? Also, Have you considered miscommunication when forming these opinions?
by seeing you do the same thing several times gives the ability to say it. Your lack of communicating what you are fully meaning is what is referred to, you flop arround words trying to sound mystic with elements of new age pseudo-buddhism.

if you say something mean what you say the first time round instead of trying to show how enlightened you are.

John Stuart Mill
xtracorrupt

Post by xtracorrupt »

xtracorrupt wrote:
Cittasanto wrote:
the quotes have been assembled differently because of limits but i have tried to put it into a way in trying to limit delusion.

by seeing you do the same thing several times gives the ability to say it. Your lack of communicating what you are fully meaning is what is referred to, you flop arround words trying to sound mystic with elements of new age pseudo-buddhism.

if you say something mean what you say the first time round instead of trying to show how enlightened you are
Are u talking about me personally or in a general sense? because if u are talking about me personally I think you are being ignorant because i want only to bring happiness. I think you will hopefully( because i want you to desire happiness ) judge me calling you ignorant because you have the sense of not wanting/needing to be ignorant,
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

xtracorrupt wrote:
Are u talking about me personally or in a general sense? because if u are talking about me personally I think you are being ignorant because i want only to bring happiness. I think you will hopefully( because i want you to desire happiness ) judge me calling you ignorant because you have the sense of not wanting/needing to be ignorant,
take your own medicine, it is a simple element!

John Stuart Mill
xtracorrupt

Post by xtracorrupt »

Cittasanto wrote:
xtracorrupt wrote:
take your own medicine, it is a simple element!
why would i need this medicine?
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

xtracorrupt wrote: why would i need this medicine?
don't ask others to take what you are not willing to take!

John Stuart Mill
xtracorrupt

Post by xtracorrupt »

Cittasanto wrote:
xtracorrupt wrote: why would i need this medicine?
don't ask others to take what you are not willing to take!
But why would i take something that i do not need? what purpose would this serve? instead of doing something meaningless should i not try and bring happiness?

but it is good that u consider refusing something when advising others to take it , because some people might view this as offending.