Coyotes overtake abandoned Florida mansion!!

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
yawares

Coyotes overtake abandoned Florida mansion!!

Post by yawares »

Dear Members,
Coyotes overtake abandoned Florida mansion :jumping:

http://news.yahoo.com/video/coyotes-ove ... 00658.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

6 hrs ago, Odd News Videos

Neighbors fear that a pack of coyotes has taken up residence in a vacant Clearwater, Florida mansion.
The property has been abandoned for years and according to neighbors, the overgrowth has caused it to
become a breeding ground for various animals. Allie Lyon lives across the street from the mansion and
said, "We have a 5-foot monitor lizard which is a very aggressive species that carries salmonella,
living on that property. We've had lots of rat problems; rats going through the neighborhood and
through our homes and our yards. And now the coyotes, and coyotes coming out in broad daylight and
being in our front yards, is very uh, is very scary...It's a concern for me because I have a 3-year-old
and a 2-year-old, so you know, if a coyote, they can attack small children." Reportedly coyote pups
have also been seen emerging from the property and neighbors say that code enforcement needs to take
action.

very strange news :thinking:
yawares
Kim OHara

Re: Coyotes overtake abandoned Florida mansion!!

Post by Kim OHara »

How strange it is depends a lot on where you live. We have crocodiles in the river a couple of hundred metres away, pythons often take up residence in house ceilings (they live on the rats and possums up there, which is win-win for them and us and lose-lose for the rodents), and dingoes (our version of coyotes) scavenge round the outer suburbs when there isn't enough food further out.
:shrug:

And I live in a city of more than 100 000 people.

:namaste:
Kim
seeker242

Post by seeker242 »

Reportedly coyote pups have also been seen emerging from the property and neighbors say that code enforcement needs to take action.
Which could easily mean capturing the coyotes. And unfortunately, Florida law requires that the animals be killed when captured...Or, they can be transported to a "hunting enclosure" when they can then be hunted by hunting dogs... :shrug:
yawares

Post by yawares »

Kim O'Hara wrote:How strange it is depends a lot on where you live. We have crocodiles in the river a couple of hundred metres away, pythons often take up residence in house ceilings (they live on the rats and possums up there, which is win-win for them and us and lose-lose for the rodents), and dingoes (our version of coyotes) scavenge round the outer suburbs when there isn't enough food further out.
:shrug:

And I live in a city of more than 100 000 people.

:namaste:
Kim
Dear Kim,

Do Crocodiles/pythons/dingoes ever come around your place?? What would you do if you see a python in your house...do you have 911 in Australia? I saw 2-3 movies about college students had vacation in Australia ..they camped near by a river/canal and went to swim...got eaten by crocodiles/anacondas. And I thought that it only happened in movies..just like LAKE PLACID 1/2/3...and ANACONDA 1/2/3 ..oh I so love these movies :heart: ...I bought them all DVDs...

I don't know possum so I searched yahoo..they're cute but scarry..imagine 10-20 of them attack someone! :shock:
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... re+animals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wish you never encounter with these creatures :tongue:
yawares :smile:
yawares

Post by yawares »

seeker242 wrote:
Reportedly coyote pups have also been seen emerging from the property and neighbors say that code enforcement needs to take action.
Which could easily mean capturing the coyotes. And unfortunately, Florida law requires that the animals be killed when captured...Or, they can be transported to a "hunting enclosure" when they can then be hunted by hunting dogs... :shrug:
Dear 'seeker242',

I wish government put them on some remote jungles/islands to roam around....BUT not the islands that belong to Johnny Depp/Leonardo and other movie stars...we need them to make good movies.

samsara/karma,
yawares :jumping: