blurred vision after meditation?

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
Yana

Re: blurred vision after meditation?

Post by Yana »

Hi,

I know this is an old thread too, But i would like to add to it. When i first started meditating i also experienced blurred vision. I meditate with my eyes open and in a crossed leg sitting position.At first I didn't know what was going on because i felt a bit blurry or cloudy not just with reading but with other things right after meditation like walking or washing the dishes etc..

Then i am not sure what happened,but i think it has to do with being gentle with your meditation practice.Instead of focusing really hard or concentrating on the breath really hard which i noticed can cause stress,headaches and more cloudiness.Or even forcing the breath or forcing your focus. I started unwinding and gently just let go of everything,i let the natural awareness of the breath arise.And just stay with the breath regardless if it's short or long.Or if i am calm or agitated.The key is whatever condition you are in just be aware of your breathing.And if i am distracted i just gently return to the breath.when i do this i start experiencing a very natural,warm and calm like bliss,like i am absorbing something I keep my eyes open in any condition and it won't be a problem because my focus is on the breath it looks like i am seeing through whatever is in front of me.After meditation i don't experience blurriness of vision any longer but i do experience what i think is i think is some kind of lessening of relating to the senses.I see clearly,hear clearly,but i no longer react to it without thinking or stopping.It seems like there is some kind of gap or seperation,detachment forming..Which might make it seem like your senses are more blurry than before.I think it is just lessening the affect of the senses in the mind.

I also have the same problem with meditating with my eyes closed.I fall asleep or have mini dreams.Which is quite distracting.Everybody is different and react well to different techniques.Hope this helps :anjali:
Life is preparing for Death