The questions of king milinda

Exploring the Dhamma, as understood from the perspective of the ancient Pali commentaries.
bodom

The questions of king milinda

Post by bodom »

So is it considered part of the canon or not? I have seen conflicting answers. Is there a general consensus?

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
tiltbillings

Re: The questions of king milinda

Post by tiltbillings »

bodom_bad_boy wrote:So is it considered part of the canon or not? I have seen conflicting answers. Is there a general consensus?

Only in Burma is it included as part of the Canon.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
bodom

Post by bodom »

tiltbillings wrote:
bodom_bad_boy wrote:So is it considered part of the canon or not? I have seen conflicting answers. Is there a general consensus?

Only in Burma is it included as part of the Canon.
Thank you.

Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

A great book, answering good questions with some good answers. Bhikkhu Pesala has an online PDF of it here:

http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/milinda.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;