Sasanaramsi Burmese Temple in Singapore

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice etc.

Sasanaramsi Burmese Temple in Singapore

Postby zavk » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:02 am

Hi all,

So, I'm visiting different Dhamma centres here in Singapore. Even though I grew up here I didn't get into Buddhism until I left the country years ago, so I'm taking this opportunity to acquaint myself with the 'Buddhist scene' here. I visited the Sasanaramsi Burmese temple and the Buddha Dhamma Mandala Society (BDMS) yesterday. I had a good chat with Ven. Dhammika at the BDMS, who coincidentally grew up in Melbourne. From his perspective as a Western monk, Buddhism in Singapore is on the whole not unlike Buddhism in other Southeast Asian countries, centred around merit making activities. That was impression I had of Buddhism in Singapore when I was growing up.

Anyway, here are some pics of the Burmese temple:

(That's me in the bottom left)

With metta,
zavk
zavk

Re: Sasanaramsi Burmese Temple in Singapore

Postby David N. Snyder » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:11 am

Beautiful!

I love those statues, the marble or tile floors, paintings, all of it!
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Re: Sasanaramsi Burmese Temple in Singapore

Postby Ben » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:24 am

Thanks so much, Zavk.
When you told me you were going to the Burmese Temple in Singapore, I was going to ask you to take some photos.
I'm so glad you did!
Metta

Ben
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Hereclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Return to Shrine Room