Anomalous Phenomena/"The Broken Buddha" by Ven. S. Dhammika

An open and inclusive investigation into Buddhism and spiritual cultivation
User avatar
Dan74
Posts: 2713
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:12 pm
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 6

Re: "The Broken Buddha" by Ven. S. Dhammika

Postby Dan74 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:33 am

Is any of this actually relevant to Dhammica's Broken Buddha?
_/|\_

User avatar
James the Giant
Posts: 791
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:41 am
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 6

Re: "The Broken Buddha" by Ven. S. Dhammika

Postby James the Giant » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:49 am

Ya, two pages, waaaay off topic. I quit reading some time ago.
Split to its own incendiary thread, or delete entirely!
Then,
saturated with joy,
you will put an end to suffering and stress.
SN 9.11

User avatar
Cittasanto
Posts: 5876
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:31 pm
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1
Location: Ellan Vannin
Contact:

Re: "The Broken Buddha" by Ven. S. Dhammika

Postby Cittasanto » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:37 am

DAWN wrote:
Cittasanto wrote:you would first need to show I was not willing to accept any evidence, considering there was nothing shared apart from excesses and vague references to experiance something (but not what).


Dear Cittasanto,

What is argument that you use to refute the infinity of Dhamma?

If you look I havn't tried to refute anything except excuses for not showing proof.
your question is irrelevant.
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."

Yana
Posts: 397
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:45 am
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006

Re: "The Broken Buddha" by Ven. S. Dhammika

Postby Yana » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:46 am

THE LAST PERSON OFF TOPIC ON THIS THREAD IS A ROTTEN EGG!!!
:offtopic: :focus: :offtopic:
Life is preparing for Death

User avatar
DAWN
Posts: 801
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:22 pm
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006

Re: "The Broken Buddha" by Ven. S. Dhammika

Postby DAWN » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:47 pm

:oops:
SORRY, just to reply.

Cittasanto wrote:
DAWN wrote:
Cittasanto wrote:you would first need to show I was not willing to accept any evidence, considering there was nothing shared apart from excesses and vague references to experiance something (but not what).


Dear Cittasanto,

What is argument that you use to refute the infinity of Dhamma?

If you look I havn't tried to refute anything except excuses for not showing proof.
your question is irrelevant.


Actualy is somethink very subtile, if you want i cant give you some exemples of my life, because it heppens all the time... i dont know if you will accept it like a proof, all my life is a proof.

If i take the very last, for exemple this night, during the formal meditation, thoughts about bodhichitta, about mahayana "bodhisatta" compassionate way of life arose in me. Each sunday morning, in france, on TV there is an Buddhist telecast, where specialist, monks nuns of all buddhist traditions speaks abour Dhamma. So this morning, an french ZenMaster spoke about relative and absolute bodhichitta, about "bodhisatta" way of life etc.

Or, when i experianced with the plasticity of realm just for fun, i said to my self when i goes sleep, next thought that i will "materialyse in my life" will be One Dollar. So when i get up at the morning, i turn on TV, and what heppens? One jurnalist speaks about OneDollar, he explain all about it, all sight, etc...

Also, at the begining, my first thought that i chose to materialise, was a feather, so two mounth after, (it's a long story) but i was in neighbor town, i walk, and i stoped to smoke my last sigaret (i smoked in the time), so i set down on the steps of one building, and at my left, there was grille, i watch it, and at one moment i see that on this grille there is something (it was a night), when i comes near i see one metalic feather, on which there is written "NO NAME"... Of corse i was shoked. And now this feather is on my nek, like apachee.

Or also, when i was student, i thought that now it's the time to materialise something bigger, so i think that i will be happy if i will work in a big company, work just little, i would be easy, and i will have 1600 euros per mounth, so, some mounth after, it was the and of my student life, and Coca Cola comes in my college, and said that they need some peoples, so from about 30 peoples we was three to be taken, so now, i work at Coca Cola, i work from 6PM to 12PM, and i get 1600.

Or, for exemple, once when i was in formal meditation, my window was open, and an poplar fluff come in my room. So what i do? I take my hand and i say to myself, this fluff will come on my hand... after some movement in air it comes right on my hand, wich i dont move to attrap it, it just come down on my hand.

I can continue, i have many examples...
Once, i have not girl friend, so i decide that she's name will be Charlen, so what heppens? One girl becomes my best friend, she called Charlen, my boss at the time tel me that we have a new collegue and she's name is Charlen, an finaly on one party my there is one girl that i get realy love, she's name was Charlen, so we get together etc... Also, one my college friend get no girlfriend too, so once when we goes at club, i say to him that to night he will find a girl, so that night he was not alone...

It heppens all time, all time all time all time, i cant say all because i dont remember all.

Can we call it superpower? NO. It's just some quantum law in action, The Dhamma in action, just the law of causes and consecuances "in-live", when you see the cause, apearing, being and passing away of dhammas... Everybody can this.

And actualy it becose of this that i comes to Buddha for a consil.
Why?
Because i'am borred, it's like play a game and you know the password... Of corse you play a little bit, you are young it's funny... But after, you say at your self : Hmm, ok, it works, it's was funny... but... but how end this game?? Where is exit here?? Somebody knows??
So now i'am here, and i'am definitly resolute. Thanks Lord Buddha. :anjali:

Metta.
Sabbe dhamma anatta
We are not concurents...
I'am sorry for my english

User avatar
DAWN
Posts: 801
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:22 pm
Which number is larger than 1000 and less than 1002: 1006

Re: "The Broken Buddha" by Ven. S. Dhammika

Postby DAWN » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:45 pm

to Yana, to reply on your post here
to Moderation team, if it's an inacceptable afftopic delete it please, or perharps create a new topic with some last pages? why not


You can do it by your own thought.

Dont say that "you WOULD LIKE" to get it; because "would like" means "perharps", and perharps mean FEAR. FEAR divide, makes division, division is an refulsion action, ANTI-gravtation. And also "may be will", "perharps will", unclude a time in your equation. There is NO TIME, time and space is an illusion of perception.
So have no doubt, have no time, be THANKS (love = gravitaion = unifying action) and KNOW (ensurance = love = gravitation = unifying action) that you ALRADY have it, feel like you alredy get it, so the system (realm) will get an information that you ahve this dhamma, so this dhamma will apear in your life. Like a mirrow. There is no inward or outward, there is inward=outward, so when inwardly there is dhamma 1, so outwardy there is dhamma 1, 1=1, harmony works, kamma works, Dhamma works...

Ajhan Mun said this

A Heart Released
The Teachings of Phra Ajaan Mun Bhuridatta Thera


§15. The nine abodes of living beings.
The realms of the heavenly beings, the human realm, and the realms of destitution (apaya) are classed as the sensual realm, the abode of living beings who indulge in sensuality. Taken together, they count as one. The realms of form, the abodes of living beings who have attained rupa jhana, are four. The realms of formlessness, the abodes of living beings who have attained arupa jhana, are also four. So altogether there are nine abodes for living beings. Those — the arahants — who are wise to the nine abodes leave them and don't have to live in any of them. This appears in the last of the Novice's Questions (samanera-panha), 'dasa nama kim' — What is ten? — which is answered. 'dasahangehi samaññagato arahati vuccati ti' — The arahant, one who is endowed with ten qualities, gains release from the nine abodes of living beings. This can be compared to writing the numerals 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10. 1 to 9 are numbers that can be counted, named, added, subtracted, multiplied, and divided. As for ten — 1 and 0 (zero) — when we erase the 1, because it's a repetition, we are left with 0 (zero). If we use 0 to add, subtract, multiply, or divide with any other number, it won't increase the value of that number; and 0 by itself has no value at all — but you can't say that it doesn't exist, because there it is. The same is true with the heart: It's a nature whose attributes are like 0. When 0 is connected to any other number, it greatly increases the value of that number. For instance, 1 connected with 0 becomes 10. So it is with the heart. When connected with anything, it instantly proliferates into things elaborate and fantastic. But when trained until it is wise and discerning with regard to all knowable phenomena, it returns to its state as 0 (zero) — empty, open, and clear, beyond all counting and naming. It doesn't stay in the nine places that are abodes for living beings. Instead, it stays in a place devoid of supposing and formulation: its inherent nature as 0 (zero), or activityless-ness, as mentioned in § 14.


http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/thai ... eased.html

I dont know if you alredy realise this 0, your pure nature, but it will help you get from any thought or action 1 get a result 10.
Also you can use this 0 to multyply it by your daily life, and by multiplying Nature 0 by kamma of your daily life 1-9, you delete this kamma, clear it, no more kamma. 0x9=0

This why WE HAVE TO BE AWERE of each moment of our life, complitely awere and conscioss, clearing it. :meditate:

Metta to all beings who suffer!
Sabbe dhamma anatta
We are not concurents...
I'am sorry for my english


Return to “Open Dhamma”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests