Great job on yesterday run Retro. Jogging is a wonderful exercise that doesn't really cost anything except a decent pair or running shoes. No need for gym membership fee and you can do it wherever and whenever you want. A few safety points I'd like to share:
1. Fuel: Gotta make sure the engine gets some fuel before starting. Do not overload. It'll vary depending on body size and metabolism, but for me, half a bagel and a banana would do the job.
2. Warm up: very very important that you do enough stretching before AND after your run.
3. Intensity: when you can talk with ease when running, then you're not running fast enough; if you can't talk at all and constantly gasping for air, then that's not jogging, that's running.
4. Length: distance is not really as important as time length. Each session should be about 45 min to 1 hr. But start out light if you've never jogged before or just restart after a long break. Always listen to your body. THat's the most important thing.
5. Frequency: don't do it everyday or else eventually your knees are gonna have to pay. Do it every other day or every 2 days. The bare minimum is 1hr and 30 minutes a week which is very doable right..
6. Posture: keep your view level and your back straight and slightly lean forward. Land with the middle of the foot. Swinging arms should not cross over the body's center line. (Refer to this link for more details: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osDO_a1vYHc