Hello!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Hello!

Postby zerotime » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:01 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for information about the 4 states to nibbana. Perhaps somebody can tell me the right forum to ask.

the website is nice and interesting.

Thanks for the work :)
zerotime

Re: Hello!

Postby retrofuturist » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:21 am

Greetings Zerotime,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

Can you clarify what you know of the "4 states to nibbana" as I've not come across this expression before?

The first thing that comes to mind is the four levels of noble ariyan Sangha (stream-entrant, once-returner, non-returner, arahant) but wonder whether you're asking about the 4 Noble Truths, the 4 Divine Abidings or some else altogether.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby David N. Snyder » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:26 am

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha2:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Thaibebop » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:19 am

Hi! I am new here myself.
Thaibebop

Postby Ben » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:06 am

Hi zerotime

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.
You are more than welcome to ask the question. Please keep in mind that our different fora have a slightly different focus which may affect the tone and direction of discussion. For example, the question asked in any of the Classical Mahavihara Theravada subfora will require responses to rely upon the Tipitaka and/or the ancient commentaries and/or later writers who are considered to represent the Mahavihara point of view. While the same question asked in the Modern Theravada allows for a wider range of points of view spanning, but not limited to, the later interpretations and developments of Theravada.
Its a good idea to have a look at the TOS and the forum-specific guidelines which will familiarise you with the purpose of our fora.
Kind regards

Ben
"Only those who take to meditation with good intentions can be assured of success. With the development of the purity and the power of the mind backed by the insight into the ultimate truth of nature, one might be able to do a lot of things in the right direction for the benefit of mankind."

Sayagyi U Ba Khin

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief
UNHCR Syria Emergency Relief AppealTyphoon Haiyan Relief AppealKiva: (person to person micro-finance)

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby Cittasanto » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:48 pm

Hi and welcome
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby zerotime » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:03 am

thanks to everybody.

ok, I will try inside Classical Theravada
zerotime

Return to Introductions